Buehrle: "I don't think Konerko will be back"

IamPabloOzuna

He still hasn't decided if he will do this, but he was talking about possibly letting family members display one of his gold gloves in their house, and pass it on and let other family members take turns displaying it their homes as well. That is just flat out cool, and shows a lot of class. That's why it's not hard to like this guy. His competiveness, humility and good naturedness shows him to be in the ranks of an upscale White Sox icon. He's never been arrogant in his accomplishments. Never been the type of guy to be in the medias face pointing out "Hey Everyone.........."LOOK AT WHAT I'VE DONE"........."See how great I am"! Just a Class act guy all the way!

I can't watch the video from here but it seems like that is not what MB said. Here is the direct quote from the Trib...

"My feeling -- just my feeling -- is I think A.J. has a better chance of coming back than Konerko," Buehrle said Tuesday during a conference call after he won his second consecutive American League Gold Glove award for his stellar defense. "I just think in talking to Konerko and hearing some of the stuff he says, I don't know what the deal is going to be with other teams offering him money. If it's going to be a better situation for him and his family, I just have a feeling that A.J. has a better chance of coming back."

Does he actually say the words "I don't think Konerko will be back" in the video?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 07:39 AM)
God if we get AJ back and not Konerko I might kill myself.

At this point, for $3-$4M 1 year and option next, I'd be happy to take AJ back. He's likely to have a better offensive year IMO, but even if he doesn't, I really want to see Flowers put more time in at AAA to get his bat back.

And if Konerko walks, I am pretty confident that KW is going to find a big bat for 1B. He's not ready to rely on Viciedo yet.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 10, 2010 -> 07:09 AM)
I can't watch the video from here but it seems like that is not what MB said. Here is the direct quote from the Trib...

Does he actually say the words "I don't think Konerko will be back" in the video?

Gonzo's quotes are from a conference call. The video is from Chicago Tribune Live on CSN. That is an exact quote from the video at around 7 minutes in.