TSA - Going too Far?

Jenksismyhero

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 01:11 PM)
Away from the people? What about this scenario where the bomber, indicated by the red X, is surrounded by a snaking line with at least 100 people surrounding him?

ap.jpg

The blast and shrapnel will be absorbed by the people closest to the bomb. People 10 feet away have a wall of flesh and bone they're behind.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It is not comfortable to come to work knowing full well that my hands will be feeling another man’s private parts, their butt, their inner thigh. Even worse is having to try and feel inside the flab rolls of obese passengers and we seem to get a lot of obese passengers!"
- disgruntled TSA worker

also...

"Molester, pervert, disgusting, an embarrassment, creep. These are all words I have heard today at work describing me, said in my presence as I patted passengers down. These comments are painful and demoralizing, one day is bad enough, but I have to come back tomorrow, the next day and the day after that to keep hearing these comments. If something doesn’t change in the next two weeks I don’t know how much longer I can withstand this taunting. I go home and I cry. I am serving my country, I should not have to go home and cry after a day of honorably serving my country."
Edited by BigSqwert

http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/tsa-responds-...ory?id=12208932

"The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around," she said. "It was basically worse than going to the gynecologist. It was embarrassing. It was demeaning. It was inappropriate."

"She put her full hand on my breast and said, 'What is this?' I said 'It's a prosthesis because I've had a breast cancer,'" Bossi said. "And she said, 'You'll need to show me that.'"

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 08:12 AM)
What story?

I'm pretty sure someone had posted a questionable article about a man becoming sexually aroused by the TSA pat down. And now that post is gone. Or maybe I'm crazy.

QUOTE (G&T @ Dec 1, 2010 -> 07:15 AM)
I'm pretty sure someone had posted a questionable article about a man becoming sexually aroused by the TSA pat down. And now that post is gone. Or maybe I'm crazy.

I dunno. Kap gets easily aroused. :lolhitting

• 2 weeks later...

TSA was testing drinks near the gate in St. Louis last weekend. They were using something that looked like pH strips you use in your pool, but they just held it over the opening. Not sure what that was about, but the guy standing next to me gave the TSA guard the best look ever when he asked him for his drink.

• 2 weeks later...

Emphasis mine

The Secrets TSA Keeps

As the guardians of America's airports put travelers through naked body scans and invasive patdowns, ponder this:

Hou
s
ton bu
s
ine
s
s
man Farid
S
eif
s
ay
s
it wa
s
a
s
tartling di
s
covery. He didn't intend to bring a loaded gun on a flight out of Hou
s
ton and can't under
s
tand how T
S
A
s
creener
s
didn't catch it. Nearing the height of la
s
t year'
s
Chri
s
tma
s
travel
s
ea
s
on, T
S
A
s
creener
s
at Bu
s
h Intercontinental Airport
s
omehow mi
s
s
ed a loaded pi
s
tol, one that wa
s
tuc
k
ed away in
s
ide a carry-on computer bag. "I mean, thi
s
i
s
not a
s
mall gun,"
S
eif
s
aid. "It'
s
a .40 caliber gun."

S
eif
s
ay
s
it wa
s
an accident which he didn't realize until he arrived at hi
s
de
s
tination. He
s
ay
s
he carrie
s
the gloc
k
for protection but forgot to remove it from hi
s
bag. He reported the incident a
s
s
oon a
s
he landed,
s
hoc
k
ed at the
s
ecurity lap
s
e. "There'
s
nothing el
s
e in there. How can you mi
s
s
it? You cannot mi
s
s
it,"
S
eif
s
aid. Authoritie
s
tell ABC New
s
the incident i
s
not uncommon, but how often it occur
s
i
s
a clo
s
ely guarded government
s
ecret. Expert
s
s
ay every year
s
ince the
S
eptember 11 attac
k
s
, federal agencie
s
have conducted random, covert te
s
t
s
of airport
s
ecurity. A per
s
on briefed on the late
s
t te
s
t
s
tell
s
ABC New
s
the failure rate approache
s
70 percent at
s
ome major airport
s
. Two wee
k
s
ago, T
S
A'
s
new director
s
aid every te
s
t gun, bomb part or
k
nife got pa
s
t
s
creener
s
at
s
ome airport
s

Two thoughts. 1) Perhaps if this sort of thing wasn't covered up, and we heard about it everytime TSA staffers failed to catch weapons, the resulting embarassment would improve their performance more than whatever method now being used. 2) I've got to submit to naked scanners and pat downs when they can't even catch weapons going through the x-ray scanners they've already got?

My faith in the ability of government to decide what should be kept secret and what shouldn't is now even closer to nil.