Split Season Upper Deck Tickets

SnB

So I'm heavily considering getting the "weekend only" season ticket package for this year. I would have to get them in the UD.

I know full season ticket holders can use their UD tickets to get into the lower deck, but can split season ticket holders do the same?

I figured someone here would know the answer pretty quick.

Thanks!

I dont know the answer to your question, but I do know that the Upper Deck sucks. All Upper Decks do, not just USCF. IMO the environment is much weaker, so much more removed from sitting the lower bowl. If someone offered me UD seats or a nice HD flat screen and comfy couch I prefer the latter. After I stopped going on JCC day camp field trips and 12 year old birthday parties the idea of sitting in the UD at this point (by choice) just seems awful. If you can get outfield seats over Upper Deck seats.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
I dont know the answer to your question, but I do know that the Upper Deck sucks. All Upper Decks do, not just USCF. IMO the environment is much weaker, so much more removed from sitting the lower bowl. If someone offered me UD seats or a nice HD flat screen and comfy couch I prefer the latter. After I stopped going on JCC day camp field trips and 12 year old birthday parties the idea of sitting in the UD at this point (by choice) just seems awful. If you can get outfield seats over Upper Deck seats.

Sitting in the front few rows of most of the UD sections behind the plate are some of the best seats in the house. Much, much better than sitting in the outfield.

False. Upper deck is good.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 4, 2010 -> 11:45 PM)
Sitting in the front few rows of most of the UD sections behind the plate are some of the best seats in the house. Much, much better than sitting in the outfield.

Completely agree. The broadcasters for games sit where they do for a reason. The atmosphere and being close to the field can be pretty cool, especially if you just go to a couple games per year. But when it comes to season tickets, my dream tickets would be right behind home plate in the front row of the upper deck. You have the best perspective for watching the game and seeing everything.

Just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
False. Upper deck is good.

Upper Deck is bad, have you ever sat in the Upper Deck in Milwaukee, NY, Atlanta, Texas, Cleveland. I have they all suck. Its emptier, you are far away, the attractions are in the lower deck, and your more likely to be surrounded by the field tripping/bday kids clubs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 10:52 AM)
Completely agree. The broadcasters for games sit where they do for a reason. The atmosphere and being close to the field can be pretty cool, especially if you just go to a couple games per year. But when it comes to season tickets, my dream tickets would be right behind home plate in the front row of the upper deck. You have the best perspective for watching the game and seeing everything.

Just my 2 cents.

The first few rows of the upper deck at The Cell are great, and a good bargain! My seats are in Sec 527, on the first base side of home plate, so I have a great view of home, the pitcher's mound, and first base, which is where most of the action is. I can see all the goings on in the Sox dugout but not the visitors, so this summer I saw Zambrano storm into the dugout but missed his blow-up with DLee. I like being on the first base side of home better than directly behind home, because you're closer to the mound and first base. It's hard to call balls and strikes from this angle, but I get a better view of RH-batter checked swings than the umps do.

My seats are directly above the beginning of the second section of club level seats. I'm basically 25 feet higher up than the best club level seats, for one third the price. Club level seats extend all the way into far right field - my seats are a lot closer to the action than many club level seats.

Yes, there are many upper deck seats at The Cell that are far from the action. But there are also some excellent seats, especially considering the price.

And yes, partial season ticket holders get into the lower concourse by showing their printed tickets. If this benefit didn't exist, I would probably not get upper deck (or any) season tickets, since the lower deck is a great place bring guests to sightsee and eat before the game starts. Then when the festivities start, I just take the escalator up to my "cat-bird's seat", as Hawk would say...

False. Besides sitting right behind the White Sox dugout in what was Ozzie's last year as a player (bantered with the fans all game, I was like 9 and enjoyed it then) the UD has some of the best views in the park. The "environment" kind of sucks everywhere you sit. Either you get the people who don't pay attention at all or the baseball morons.

I am also considering an UD all weekend season ticket plan for 2011.

The answer to the orignal Q is of course yes.

I've been a season holder in the front row if the UD since 2004, and the seats are fantastic. Love it. If I was in the LD, I'd be paying almost double, and be stuck behind rows of people and be a lot further from home plate. I'll stick with the UD, unless I win the lottery and buy stupid-expensive scout seats or something.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 6, 2010 -> 08:09 AM)
The answer to the orignal Q is of course yes.

I've been a season holder in the front row if the UD since 2004, and the seats are fantastic. Love it. If I was in the LD, I'd be paying almost double, and be stuck behind rows of people and be a lot further from home plate. I'll stick with the UD, unless I win the lottery and buy stupid-expensive scout seats or something.

NSS72's seats are some of the best in the house, no matter the price. The only better are probably between the bags, first 15 rows or so. The problem is there's only so many front row seats up there and the UD seats tail off in quality really quickly as you move backwards.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)

Agreed. Premium Upper Box is where it's at, in terms of cost/quality ratio. Front row is amazing.