2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 31, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Also, you must be a huge fan of the film Twilight since 82% of the audience loved it. And that's counting over 500K reviews!!

Never saw it and I'm not really interested in debating the validity of rotten tomato reviewers. I never really check that site, maybe they are all just full of kids BSing. I just saw you posted the rating, so I checked it out. No idea if there is some 13 yr old kid clicking 5 stars or whatever. It's just that everyone is entitled to an opinion and I thought that 94% of audience taking the time to go on there and rate it was an indicator of it being pretty well liked. Other than that...I can only go by my thoughts and my wifes thoughts and the reaction in the theater.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:09 PM)
Its hard to not comment when you are pretty much comparing Hangover II to Everybody Loves Raymond.. but, I can see theres going to be no point in this..

In the laughs it evoked from me, they were the same. You really DO seem to be taking this personally. If you thought it was funny, good for you and I'm glad you enjoyed it. But you seem to be saying that it's impossible for anyone to think it wasn't funny. And if someone has that opinion, they're either a snob or they went into the movie expecting too much or a different kind of movie.

I went in expecting it to be a slightly-less-funny version of the original. To me, it turned out to be a shell of the original. My tastes aren't high-brow and I can laugh at a bunch of dick jokes. This movie just wasn't funny to me.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
If you went to a movie like the Hangover II with any intentions of seeing stuff outside of grotesque humor and almost a copy of the first movie, you're a moron. They didn't make a second one to create some new story, they did it because the first one made a ton of money and they could make even more this time.

Some of you need to learn how to just enjoy a movie.. zomg, too many dick jokes.. if you say you didn't laugh at all the whole movie, you're a f***ing liar and you have some agenda to be some hardass wanna be critic around here. And I mean movie critic not the sweet, sweet poster.

I loved the first one. There was quite the departure from the first film's good natured jokes and how over the top dirty the second one was. I never said I didn't laugh during the second movie... I laughed at the beginning, especially when Phil said "f*** you" to Andy Bernard. It, sadly, was all downhill. It took me about 40 minutes to really fall out of love with the movie. They just went all gross out dirty jokes. The first Hangover most certainly was not gross out humor all the way through.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
I loved the first one. There was quite the departure from the first film's good natured jokes and how over the top dirty the second one was. I never said I didn't laugh during the second movie... I laughed at the beginning, especially when Phil said "f*** you" to Andy Bernard. It, sadly, was all downhill. It took me about 40 minutes to really fall out of love with the movie. They just went all gross out dirty jokes. The first Hangover most certainly was not gross out humor all the way through.

eh, I think the one main gross out part just gave off the feeling that it was the whole movie.. outside of that one part, which im sure you know what im talking about, I don't really recall major gross out humor..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:01 PM)
eh, I think the one main gross out part just gave off the feeling that it was the whole movie.. outside of that one part, which im sure you know what im talking about, I don't really recall major gross out humor..

I assume you are talking about Chow in the very beginning.

But then you have the scene with all of the tranny's (trannies?) walking around with their dicks hanging out, and then the picture of Stu getting f***ed by one of them.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)

I assume you are talking about Chow in the very beginning. But then you have the scene with all of the tranny's (trannies?) walking around with their dicks hanging out, and then the picture of Stu getting f***ed by one of them.

Dude...really no spoiler tags?

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
I assume you are talking about Chow in the very beginning. But then you have the scene with all of the tranny's (trannies?) walking around with their dicks hanging out, and then the picture of Stu getting f***ed by one of them.

No, not even that chow part.. that wasn't really "gross out".. but definitely the trannys

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
Dude...really no spoiler tags?

There are tranny's in Bangkok. This can't be news to anyone, and they're obviously going to make jokes about it in a comedy based in that city.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:20 PM)
No, not even that chow part.. that wasn't really "gross out".. but definitely the trannys

What part, then?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
I went in expecting it to be a slightly-less-funny version of the original. To me, it turned out to be a shell of the original.

Those are my thoughts exactly.. I thought it had its funny parts but they really overdid Chows character and made Alan out to be a completely outrageous moron which made him not as lovable as he was in the first.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:23 PM)
What part, then?

The only gross out part of the movie, I thought, was the part with the Tranny and the things she said to Stu.. im sorry, but seeing a little penis on an asian man wasnt that big a deal..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:29 PM)
The only gross out part of the movie, I thought, was the part with the Tranny and the things she said to Stu.. im sorry, but seeing a little penis on an asian man wasnt that big a deal..

Haha, I guess we're just different people in that regard. And it's not like they just showed the little penis,

they had the other guys poking it and a monkey grabbing and licking it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Haha, I guess we're just different people in that regard. And it's not like they just showed the little penis,

they had the other guys poking it and a monkey grabbing and licking it.

When a monkey nibbles on a penis its funny in any language

Unless you speak milkman ;)

i think both sides of this debate need to step back and realize that their opinions arent going to match. Its a movie, there will always be critics and there will always be fans. Rotten Tomatoes isnt the end all be all. if you want to use it as your gauge, that is your prerogative.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
i think both sides of this debate need to step back and realize that their opinions arent going to match. Its a movie, there will always be critics and there will always be fans. Rotten Tomatoes isnt the end all be all. if you want to use it as your gauge, that is your prerogative.

I think the side saying that it wasn't funny has been open to others finding it funny. But apparently anyone who doesn't think it was hilarious has a problem :P

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
I think the side saying that it wasn't funny has been open to others finding it funny. But apparently anyone who doesn't think it was hilarious has a problem :P

not when statements like this are thrown out

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 31, 2011 -> 06:55 AM)
35% on Rotten Tomatoes. Lets face it. You enjoy s***ty movies.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Those are my thoughts exactly.. I thought it had its funny parts but they really overdid Chows character and made Alan out to be a completely outrageous moron which made him not as lovable as he was in the first.

And Paul Giamatti's character was pointless.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)

When a monkey nibbles on a penis its funny in any language

Unless you speak milkman ;)

Now see, that was good-natured Alan that I enjoyed, but it was ruined by being in the previews. Had they saved the good jokes without previews, I might have enjoyed the movie a bit more. It was still bad.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)

So people shouldn't discuss a movie and how it rates up to the original? Come on, it's a message board, let us have our fun.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:17 PM)
Now see, that was good-natured Alan that I enjoyed, but it was ruined by being in the previews. Had they saved the good jokes without previews, I might have enjoyed the movie a bit more. It was still bad.

I can't believe how many of the good jokes were in the previews. It's not like you had to sell the movie all that much to get people to see it. Just say the name "The Hangover", show the main characters and you would still fill the theaters.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
So people shouldn't discuss a movie and how it rates up to the original? Come on, it's a message board, let us have our fun.

where did you get that out of what I said? This discussion was devolving to "the kind of movies you like are s***ty" and "I dont understand how you could have/could not have laughed at this movie for blah blah reasons"

If you want to say the hangover 2 sucks because of reasons stated regarding the movie, thats perfectly fine. If you want to say it sucked, and the people who enjoy it obviously only enjoy dumb lowbrow humor and other subtle insults, well that is not fine.

All i was saying was stick to rating the movie, not to rating other people because they like or dislike the movie

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
where did you get that out of what I said? This discussion was devolving to "the kind of movies you like are s***ty" and "I dont understand how you could have/could not have laughed at this movie for blah blah reasons"

If you want to say the hangover 2 sucks because of reasons stated regarding the movie, thats perfectly fine. If you want to say it sucked, and the people who enjoy it obviously only enjoy dumb lowbrow humor and other subtle insults, well that is not fine.

All i was saying was stick to rating the movie, not to rating other people because they like or dislike the movie

Ah, gotya, carry on with the awesomeness.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)

Its not that you dont think its hilarious, its just that some people here are making it seem like they sat there the entire movie and just "chuckled" at some parts, which I just find hard to believe.. im not saying it was a masterpiece, but man, how can you not laugh at most of that movie?

Also milk, that was obviously not a real penis so it was less gross than what happened with kimmy, yikes..