2011 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 28, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
Yeah, the Hangover Part II was just decent. It was worth a viewing, although it might just be better to catch it on DVD or TV. I didn't laugh out loud really at all.

Same, wish I didn't pay to see that. That was really lazy film making.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 28, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
Same, wish I didn't pay to see that. That was really lazy film making.

Yes, it seemed like every single joke from the original was recycled. And the whole time, I was waiting for Bill Clinton's cameo. Then I get home and check why it didn't happen, and apparently that was just a big rumor because there were pictures of Clinton meeting the cast.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
When I saw the title of that movie while it was being made, thought it was a big screen adaptation of that Nickelodeon show.

actually it is a remake of a 70s horror film

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 28, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
actually it is a remake of a 70s horror film

It was actually a made for TV movie, and it is one of those that stands out in my mind as being absolutely essential in my formative years as a kid getting into horror films. "We're going to get her tonight. . . We're going to get her tonight. . . " was what the demon things would whisper that I vividly remember.

Salem's Lot, the original Karen Black Trilogy of Terror, Gargoyles, and this one, are probably the 70s made for TV horror films that really made an impression on me.

I can't wait to see what Del Toro does with this.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 29, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)
Saw Hangover 2 yesterday, pretty freaking hilarious.

Just saw it. I think I laughed more in the second one than the first. Probably because there was more anticipation in the second. Very raunchy and disgusting.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 30, 2011 -> 12:01 AM)
Just saw it. I think I laughed more in the second one than the first. Probably because there was more anticipation in the second. Very raunchy and disgusting.

Don't get all the hate.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 30, 2011 -> 12:21 AM)
Don't get all the hate.

Me either it was awesome

The only thing I didn't like is they made Alan look like a dick at the beginning of the movie, which I didn't really get

I don't get why people don't get it. The movie simply wasn't that funny. I'm not a movie snob, especially when it comes to comedies, but this movie just didn't make me laugh out loud once. There were a few snickers here and there (like with the monkey smoking in slow motion and Stu screaming "f*** the po-lice"), but nothing that really had me laughing. I went with two other guys and they never laughed out loud either.

It was enjoyable to see once, but it just wasn't very good. If you hadn't seen the first one, the second may have had a few laugh out loud scenes where they basically just reenacted parts of the first movie, but it's hard to laugh at Mr. Chow jumping out of the ice machine and beating everyone up when you could see it coming a mile away.

Edited by Milkman delivers

My biggest issue with the Hangover 2 was that all of the funniest parts had already been shown in the previews. The potential laugh out loud scenes had already been shoved in my face 30 times in the past few weeks, so it wasn't all that funny when it showed up in the movie, especially the scenes with Chow.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:27 PM)
Anybody else really excited for "Gettysburg" on the history channel tonight?

Aww s***, I forgot about it...

Just watched Takers, entirely because I dig Idris Elba. Pretty slick movie, and Paul Walker even managed to not be a total douche.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 30, 2011 -> 11:40 AM)
I don't get why people don't get it. The movie simply wasn't that funny. I'm not a movie snob, especially when it comes to comedies, but this movie just didn't make me laugh out loud once. There were a few snickers here and there (like with the monkey smoking in slow motion and Stu screaming "f*** the po-lice"), but nothing that really had me laughing. I went with two other guys and they never laughed out loud either.

It was enjoyable to see once, but it just wasn't very good. If you hadn't seen the first one, the second may have had a few laugh out loud scenes where they basically just reenacted parts of the first movie, but it's hard to laugh at Mr. Chow jumping out of the ice machine and beating everyone up when you could see it coming a mile away.

If you didn't laugh out loud at a few of the parts of that movie, theres something wrong with you.. then again, ive seen all the lame movies you've said you liked in here, so its not all that surprising..

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 30, 2011 -> 02:38 PM)
God Dammit. For the first minute and then some I thought this was his Haunted Mansion movie.

I really hope that didn't become this.

No, completely different projects. Haunted Mansion was only announced last July, "Dont be afraid of the Dark" has been completed for a little while now(it was actually screened last august), but didnt have a distributor due to its R rating.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 31, 2011 -> 03:01 AM)
If you didn't laugh out loud at a few of the parts of that movie, theres something wrong with you.. then again, ive seen all the lame movies you've said you liked in here, so its not all that surprising..

35% on Rotten Tomatoes. Lets face it. You enjoy s***ty movies.