Do the sox have interest in Andruw Jones?

joeynach

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
In a perect world you trade Teahen for a reliever, and for whatever Salary you were able to shed you sign Andruw Jones. :)

I wonder if Teahen + cash or prospect could get someone like Mike Gonzalez? He's owed $6M, but at least he has some upside.

Anyways, I wouldn't mind a 4th OF that I'd be OK with playing everyday when/if Quentin gets hurt. I like De Aza, but if we can get Jones at a discount price that would be nice. I'm still hoping Viciedo gets converted to an OF, and he might be an option by midseason if that happens (can't be TOO much worse than Quentin, can he?)

Edited by Pale Sox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
Why do we believe that De Aza and the Stealth Elf are poor defensive options? I'll grant that Teahen and Dunn are, but they were my 3rd and 4th options for a reason.

Personally, I kinda like De Aza, and I've thought since we got him that if he ever stayed healthy he's somewhere in the neighborhood of an average MLB starter, although I don't know about his glove.

I know the Marlins were pretty high on him a few years back. He won the job out of ST and then suffered a pretty significant (ankle?) injury that cost him. He definitely has value and probably has a case for being on a ML team but I don't know about starter. He has the potential but has never demonstrated it for any significant stretch of time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
If they plan on him being the backup CF we may as well just throw in the towel.

Unfortunately that's probably Lilli. I can see where this doesn't work, especially if you're gonna try to keep both Morel and Viciedo on the 25 man.

At this point, I'd rather just release Teahen than start the season with him.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 5, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
I know the Marlins were pretty high on him a few years back. He won the job out of ST and then suffered a pretty significant (ankle?) injury that cost him. He definitely has value and probably has a case for being on a ML team but I don't know about starter. He has the potential but has never demonstrated it for any significant stretch of time.

I wouldn't go into the season penciling him into a starting role, but I feel like if Quentin went down, I would be excited to see what he can do.