U.S. launches airstrikes on Libya

bmags

Insane conservatives are blaming Logan (and, of course, islamofascists!) for being raped:

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/debbie-sc...her-liberation/

I just love it when the people of the profession of “the public’s right to know” suddenly want “privacy.” Tell it to your next interview subject, Lara. Of course CBS has no further comment. Wouldn’t wanna impugn the “peacefulness” of “Religion of Peace” animals, would we? Now, if they were Christians or Jews, well, then there would be comments galore.

So sad, too bad, Lara. No one told her to go there. She knew the risks. And she should have known what Islam is all about. Now she knows. Or so we’d hope. But in the case of the media vis-a-vis Islam, that’s a hope that’s generally unanswered.

This never happened to her or any other mainstream media reporter when Mubarak was allowed to treat his country of savages in the only way they can be controlled.

Now that’s all gone. How fitting that Lara Logan was “liberated” by Muslims in Liberation Square while she was gushing over the other part of the “liberation.”

Hope you’re enjoying the revolution, Lara! Alhamdilllullah [praise allah].

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean the fact she blames muslims when we really have no idea who perpetrated the attack is stupid enough. For all we know it was a bunch of christians/jews who raped her. Secondly to use the term "liberated" as "rape" is just bad.

I mean its one of those things that is so bad, I cant even really express how horrible it is.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
Unfortunately some people truly believe that they are better than the rest of the world.

Fortunately for the rest of the world, they are living in a dreamland of ignorance.

Not sure how you took this into the American Exceptionalism realm, but that's pretty irrelevant to me. I don't care if people think America is better than the rest of the world - in fact I think a certain amount of that is good for the country. This case though, is just some psycho racist looking for attention via her blog. Lots of those around, and the best treatment for them is to be ignored.

"This never happened to her or any other mainstream media reporter when Mubarak was allowed to treat his country of savages in the only way they can be controlled."

What else does the bolded part imply?

Savages implies that the people of Egypt are uncivilized compared to another country. If this statement was written by an American (which was how I interpreted it), isnt it natural that the comparison was between Egyptian "savages" and US "civilized humans"?

Its pretty clear to me that statement is about American Exceptionalism.

Possibly, but my first statement was:

Unfortunately some people truly believe that they are better than the rest of the world.

So really the fact was that it didnt matter if she was comparing them as Mulsims versus Judeo/Christians or Middle Easterners versus European's and their descendants or Egyptians versus Americans.

She is saying some group is better than Egyptians, just because. It doesnt matter if its American's are greater or more broadly 'Judeo/Christians".

Anyway, it's what, one blogger/I assume Fox News contributor? Why should I care?

If I was the victim, I'd make sure never to speak to that person again. If I owned a news network I'd never have that person on again. I promise not to go to their blog. Otherwise, what interest do I have?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
I dont care if you care or not.

I cared enough to say it was stupid, if you dont care about the subject, that is definitely your choice.

The reason I say things like that...the "Someone stupid said something stupid" game isn't one that gets very far.

You can have legitimate complaints...the entire Glenn Beck show, for example, is a different phenomenon. But if you get bent out of shape every time some random person who appears on cable a few times a year says something horrifically morally repugnant, you're never going to do anything else, and you'll wander in debates between "This person said something horrible about Ms. Logan" and "Eric Alterman posted something calling a black man a monkey".

Frankly, giving time to a person who doesn't matter because they said something stupid and offensive is just as likely to improve that person's standing because it gets them more publicity. If the head of a party or a major, major figure said that...that's a different story.

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/middle-east/201...live-blog-libya

7:39pm: Karl Stagno-Novarra, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Malta, reports the pilots of the jet fighters that landed there are "senior colonels", who were ordered to bomb protesters. They refused and have defected to Malta, he said.

7:45pm: The defected pilots reportedly tell Maltese officials they were based in Tripoli and ordered to attack protesters on the ground in Benghazi. After seeing their fellow pilots begin the airstrikes, they diverted course toward Malta. If substantiated, this would appear to confirm the use of airstrikes against civilian protesters in cities around the country.

10:25pm: More on the resignation of the two diplomats from the embassy in Washington DC. Counsels Saleh Ali Al Majbari and Jumaa Faris denounced Gaddafi, saying he "bears responsibility for genocide against the Libyan people in which he has used mercenaries".

They said they had nothing to do with the events and they no longer represent Gaddafi’s regime - but that they represent the Libyan people. The pair also called on Barack Obama to "work urgently with the international community to press for an immediate cessation of the massacres of the Libyan people", and they are asking the United Nations to impose a no-fly zone imposed on Libya to prevent the arrival of mercenaries to Libya.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 21, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
Things are going to get messy if there starts to be direct outside interference. But if Gaddifi is going to fight until the end, outside interference may be a necessity.

It sounds like things are already messy.