We lost

Jordan4life_2003

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that went to the game, did you see the guy in the Thomas jersey in section 537. He was going crazy, security had to drag him out.

The whole UD was crazy, i must have seen 20 or more people get ejected.

was that the guy that threw a t shirt over the railing or something? I was sitting in 533.

I havent saw sportscenter, was there any mention of it?  I understand what you mean Koch about our fans being disorderly, my brother was there and thought ESPN would probably have a 10 minute feature on it. 

Now the wave i have no problem with, im not going to get pissed off of that.  But the MAJORITY of the 44,000 fans were very into the game. 

If i can pick up the Sun Times without reading a Moronitti or Joe Jackson article bashing the hillbilly sox fans ill be happy.

I'll admit, i can basically only evaluate the upper deck tonight (and that's where most of your walkup crowd is), but they were awful

there were fights and ejections left and right, and things being thrown all over the place. I thought it was bad at some other games....wellt his was the worst one i've seen. That fight int he left field corner in the 9th was ridiculous...it had to be like 5-6 peole involved, and even when security was there there was more rumbling. It's a disgrace to our organization. This isn't normal, and i'm not gonna buy that you have to expect this s*** with a big crowd. how do other teams do it? I have no defense to cubs fans right now, none. At least there was no beer thrown on a player at the track today.

For those that went to the game, did you see the guy in the Thomas jersey in section 537. He was going crazy, security had to drag him out.

was that the guy that threw a t shirt over the railing or something? I was sitting in 533.

Yeah, he was the guy making all the noise(that loud almost drum like sound). He threw his jersey over twice(he even got it back the first time). Anyway security beat the s*** out of him right after he threw the jersey over the second time.

Yeah, he was the guy making all the noise(that loud almost drum like sound). He threw his jersey over twice(he even got it back the first time). Anyway security beat the s*** out of him right after he threw the jersey over the second time.

yeah i saw that, they had like 5 guys tackle him. I missed the 9th inning brawl though...i have to admit, i left after we were down 4 runs.

Security beat him up? Please tell me thats an exxageration. If securitys doing stuff like that its going to motivate the crowd to misbehave...

I don't know how you're mind works, but if I see a guy throw a punch, then get whaled on by security, it would make me reconsider throwing a punch of my own.

Off-duty Chicago cops aren't known for their good patience and unflarable tempers, ya'know.

I don't know how you're mind works, but if I see a guy throw a punch, then get whaled on by security, it would make me reconsider throwing a punch of my own.

Off-duty Chicago cops aren't known for their good patience and unflarable tempers, ya'know.

Ya, should you be easy on a guy that's unruly and resists security? Please. You need to set an example. I don't know why half these guys aren't cuffed...most of em throw punches even when security is holding them

Security beat him up? Please tell me thats an exxageration. If securitys doing stuff like that its going to motivate the crowd to misbehave...

They didn't just beat him up, they beat the s*** out him. I was like 5 feet away and the guy didn't throw the first punch either. He was standing on the railing and security tackled him, beat the s*** out him while he was fighing them on the ground, then like 4 or 5 security guards picked him up and dragged him out.

Actually, i think it was just his hand...though i wasn't awed by it and didn't watch him the whole time...and when i say loud, i mean loud. Something up there on those beams rattles a ton and made it easy for this guy to generate a ton of noise.

I was hearing that noise in the late innings. It was so loud I thought it was coming out the speakers but it only came from that one spot in the LF upper deck. Me and a few others were thinking wtf is that noise. I was also getting pissed at all these people down in the bleachers trying to start waves. They had been trying for a couple innings and finally the wave did get started the whole time we're yelling them to sit down and watch the game but nobody cares. Then the wave comes and EVERYONE joins in but the wave tonight did not last nearly as long as the wave I saw a couple weeks ago. Still I hate sitting behind a bunch of women and children that get up and go to the bathroom about every 5 min. Then they get back and get up to go buy food, then they come back 10 min later go buy souvenirs. Some people really just need to learn how to sit down and watch a baseball game.

This is the kinda crap that gives us a bad name. This needs to stop. When is ESPN coming to the Southside to do that review thing? If this happens when they come, we might be ranked as the worst park in the league...

...only Cub fans care about ESPN and ballpark rankings...

I was hearing that noise in the late innings.  It was so loud I thought it was coming out the speakers but it only came from that one spot in the LF upper deck.  Me and a few others were thinking wtf is that noise.  I was also getting pissed at all these people down in the bleachers trying to start waves.  They had been trying for a couple innings and finally the wave did get started the whole time we're yelling them to sit down and watch the game but nobody cares.  Then the wave comes and EVERYONE joins in but the wave tonight did not last nearly as long as the wave I saw a couple weeks ago.  Still I hate sitting behind a bunch of women and children that get up and go to the bathroom about every 5 min.  Then they get back and get up to go buy food, then they come back 10 min later go buy souvenirs.  Some people really just need to learn how to sit down and watch a baseball game.

Ya, it only stopped when Olivo swung at a pitch taht hit him, and he's ruled out (the right call) and everyone can then go from wave to yelling bulls***

That guy in the upper deck making that really loud annoying noise was like 2 sections over from me, it was horrible. It had to be able to be heard all over the place.

The wave pisses me off, no one watches the game they just all watch the wave. Wow, it's so cool....

Can't agree enough with what you said about fans. We had bases loaded and i see people leaving, walking up, looking for seats, blocking my view. I stood basically the whole inning, it was unreal. I was right on the aisle yesterday, so people were always blockign my view. I think i have mastered the art of late pitch head movement in order to catch the ball reach the plate. You are right, sit down and watch the damn game. If it effects me watchign the game (which it did), then i have a problem with it.

It was LOUD and obnoxious. I mean, really loud. I bet people heard it downstairs. he was way too obnoxious and drunk. And, i think he resisted security trying to get rid of him. It was nuts. Terrible crowd, thoroughly disappointed. I'd rather have 8,000 good fans at these games. Tonight was garbage.

This is exactly why I didn't mind giving the boss the tickets last night. I would rather go when there are only 15K versus 30K. The idiots who don't know how to behave ruin it for everyone. My only reilef is where our seats are. Never any issues over there.

I still dont see how one person could make such a loud noise. You think if I were to watch a replay of the game (not yet sure how Id do that) Id be able to hear it?

You might be able to at some points...i know you don't understand it but ask anyone at the game, or at least int he upper deck...it was loud. It was more a product of what he was banging somehow

Guest wsc425

Sighs...very disappointed in Jerry Manuel. I mean the guy could have left Jon Garland out there and none of this would happen. Why the heck don't you leave a guy in who still has an inning or two in him. I just do not understand.

Another thing, why the hell did they throw out Ginter? The guy didn't mean to plunk him, as he did not get the proper warmup time. The Umpire should know that. I am very disappointed in Jerry tonight, as I usually back him but this is way different.

Lets hope for better tomarrow... :angry:

:bringit KC :ph34r: I'm no where to be seen tomarrow, may not even watch the game.

Garland was struggling but he coulda made it out of that inning. And altho at the time I thought Ginter getting thrown out actually helped us, it really was a bad call. I dont remember what the pitch was but it hit Beltran in the elbow. If youre gonna peg someone, peg him with a straight fastball (which that pitch definitely wasnt) to the gut! Ginter shouldnt have been ejected. It was a young ump (that guy only had 4 years experience) under pressure and he blew it.

And dont you mean "Lets hope for better today"? ;)