White Sox @ Rays, 04/18 THREAD

Steve9347

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
Let me add a caveat: no recent history in which they didn't host a play-in game even though they lost the season series to the team they were tied with.

OK, that's reaching. I didn't remember them being 3 games under after nearly 40 games. So I'll go with a very limited history. But nobody can deny this has not been a second half team under Ozzie.

It hasn't, but there have been a few teams that weren't bad (which, admittedly, isn't saying much) and I really don't think much of the Central this year. I always say that too, but I don't see Cleveland and KC sticking around all year, I haven't liked Detroit at all, and Minnesota looks quite a bit more vulnerable than in years' past.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd say the Sox win it with the Twins falling by the wayside, KC finishing 3rd and then Detroit and Cleveland duking it out for 4th and 5th (with Cleveland probably finishing last). I think KC is going to get a huge boost from their midseason callups but they remind me of the 2001 Twins right now - a team that is currently a bit underrated by the rest of the league with tons of talent on the way but inexperience and scouting reports will eventually get the best of them.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to anybody, but I can't believe all the threads that just don't care that we dropped yet another game, just because it's early and things will be fine.

We sure don't have the one game at a time mentality on this message board.

Where's the concern? This team is horses*** right now on a daily basis.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 04:49 AM)
No offense to anybody, but I can't believe all the threads that just don't care that we dropped yet another game, just because it's early and things will be fine.

Chris Rongey said yesterday that it's still early! :lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)

Wasn't Rongey your idol 2 seconds ago? Did you read this thread? There's plenty of posters calling this team out. Yeah, I know Price was pitching. But Edwin flat didn't get it done against the Rays' AAA lineup. This game was over after the first inning. Is it over? Of course not. But it's just more of the same with this team. I'm sure will go on an 18-4 run at some point. But this team, save 2005, has never been consistent enough.

And, yes, I said team like 98 times.

I don't agree with everything Ranger says cause I don't listen to many of the postgames.

But he is my idol over that one call. That was epic.

I realize it's early and the Royals definitely showed their warts tonight as I watched them implode late against the Tribe.

KC obviously is going to fizz and Cleveland right now is the flavor of the day.

I'm just stunned that the Sox drop game after game and many are so blase about it.