And that's a White Sox winner!!!!!!!

Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:37 AM)
That's what I was thinking as well.

We are 11 or 12 out in the loss column, do you guys realize that if the Indians go 4-6 in 10 game stretches how hard it will be for us to catch them? We need to play amazing baseball.Of course we still play them head to head a number of times.

If they keep going 4-6 in 10 games stretches, all the White Sox have to do is go 5-5 for those stretches and they would catch up by September pretty easily.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
If they keep going 4-6 in 10 games stretches, all the White Sox have to do is go 5-5 for those stretches and they would catch up by September pretty easily.

and we finish a mere 9 games back of Detroit for the Division. You realize at least one team's gotta win 89-92 games, right?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:53 AM)
No, everyone would be declaring the Sox end if they went 4-6 as well. Maybe even if they went 6-4.

At this point, a 4-6 stretch does start killing the Sox. We are running out of time to keep losing ground.

QUOTE (maki @ May 31, 2011 -> 08:46 AM)
and we finish a mere 9 games back of Detroit for the Division. You realize at least one team's gotta win 89-92 games, right?

LOL, very true, I was just responding to his direct comment about Cleveland. With the way teams have been playing so far, I could still see the winner having less wins than that, maybe as low as 85.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 31, 2011 -> 09:56 AM)
Are we starting to be positive and believers again? Jake pitched a good game and the bullpen gets some kudos (Crain and Thornton)

I don't care what's going on throughout the season... winning in Boston is always fun.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 30, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
I've been saying it as well. We were making steady progress until this Toronto series. But apparently, we aren't the only ones to get pounded around by Jose Bautista and Co.

Let's get two more here and it'll be a 5-5 road trip. I can live with that.

The thing that killed me in that series was how Ozzie got outmanaged and singlehandedly cost us one of those games. Poor execution also played a factor.

Guys who have swings like Dunn (or Russell Branyan, Jack Cust, Richie Sexson, Thome, etc) where there's only a small part of the strike zone that the bat goes through, will have an even harder time during a slump because timing is so much more important with a swing like that

With that being said, Rios' swing plane keeps the bat in the zone for a decent period of time which explains to me that it isn't his timing that's off like Dunn (simple way to see this is to look at the difference in strikeouts between the two players, Rios makes more contact with his swing), but something mechanically wrong with his approach

somebody pull some videos of early 2010 Rios vs .....now