Kudos to ya Jerry, ya did it again!

CWSOX45

I tried to stay away from bashing Jerry, but when a pitcher like Colon has 99 pitches thrown and a shutout going into the 9th, let him finish it. Didn't Jerry say he hoped Colon could go the distance and save the pen today? Dumbass!!!!!!!!!!!

Another terrible choice by Manuel.

You've got to let Colon go for the complete game.

f*** YOU JERRY!

CWSOX45

Hello, they won, so just shut up with the Rick Whiteesque second guessing.

Assuming Colon was fine (which i don't think he was), of course you second guess this

If they blow it, it gets second guessed. So just cuz we win we throw a blindfold on to any bad moves in the game? That's the wrong perspective to have, i'm sorry

Because one game, that same stuff will cost you. Then it's ok to talk about it?

I think Jerry made the right move, going to the bullpen. He just went after the wrong pitcher.

Flash threw 44 pitches on Monday. That's a bit too many for the closer. He was not as sharp today, and I assume it was mainly because of that. The most pitches Flash should ever throw in a game is 20 or 25....not 44. You don't have to be a fan of pitch counts to know when a guy is overworked, and he was overworked on Monday. He threw twice as many pitches as he should throw. In my book, that's being overworked.

i should have said "reason" . I didnt hear anything about his arm or back. A blister is enough to take a pitcher out.

Jerry just said no doubt he would have finished the 9th. Sandy, Jose said he was pushing the ball, was hurt. It was the right move

If he leaves him in and Colon visits the dl because of it, he gets run out of town.

JM just can't win with some of you people even when he does the right thing

f*** YOU JERRY!

CWSOX45

Assuming Colon was fine (which i don't think he was), of course you second guess this

If they blow it, it gets second guessed. So just cuz we win we throw a blindfold on to any bad moves in the game? That's the wrong perspective to have, i'm sorry

No, I understand the scutiny, but for christ sake's, it turned out he had a blister. It's things that I hear like "f*** You Jerry!" that piss me off. No one even knew the circumstances for him taking Colon out. I get frustrated by him too, but he knows more about baseball than anyone on this board, and if he thinks it's a good move, he's got more credibility than anybody on this board does.

f*** YOU JERRY!

CWSOX45

No, I understand the scutiny, but for christ sake's, it turned out he had a blister. It's things that I hear like "f*** You Jerry!" that piss me off. No one even knew the circumstances for him taking Colon out. I get frustrated by him too, but he knows more about baseball than anyone on this board, and if he thinks it's a good move, he's got more credibility than anybody on this board does.

I don't think you read my post close enough

I said i don't think Colon was fine, making it the right move. I was saying, what if he was....it was setting up a scenario to work off of

Jerry was right. It may have been more than a blister (back, shoulder?)

Jerry just said no doubt he would have finished the 9th. Sandy, Jose said he was pushing the ball, was hurt. It was the right move

If he leaves him in and Colon visits the dl because of it, he gets run out of town.

Great point, JM just can't win with some people.

The bullpen has become a glaring concern these last few days. Hopefully tomorrows day off will help everyone. What a great series and again pulling to within a game of first place.

Nice job White Sox!!

Taking Colon out had nothing to do with Jerrys tinkering powers, it was because Bartolo had a stiff back coming out of the 8th inning. That was according to Manuel on the post game show. It seems fit that this move would blow up in his face with a 3 run homerun.

Great point, JM just can't win with some people.

The bullpen has become a glaring concern these last few days. Hopefully tomorrows day off will help everyone. What a great series and again pulling to within a game of first place.

Nice job White Sox!!

No matter what your opinion of Jerry, you don't look to try to turn a good move into a bad move just because you don't like him

Monday, i hated his move right when he did it with Garland

Today, i agree 100%

You really shouldn't have a predisposition and actually look at what is going on, not just assume something bogus to make Jerry look bad/good

I'm not exactly a JM fan but imagine trying to manage with this f***ed up bullpen. I'm holding my breath with a 4 run lead. I don't believe we can close out anyone at anytime. If someone doesn't step up before too long we may be sucking wind at the end. Honestly is anyone comfortable with our pen and a 3 run lead? 5 run lead? 7 run lead?

I'm not exactly a JM fan but imagine trying to manage with this f***ed up bullpen. I'm holding my breath with a 4 run lead. I don't believe we can close out anyone at anytime. If someone doesn't step up before too long we may be sucking wind at the end. Honestly is anyone comfortable with our pen and a 3 run lead? 5 run lead? 7 run lead?

no to 3 run lead, somewhat comfortable with 5, a little more comfortable though with a 7 run lead :lol: :lol:

f*** YOU JERRY!

CWSOX45

Backoff. I posted this right after the three run homer.

It's not like I posted this after Marte struck out Relaford to win the game.

I'm allowed to second guess, especially if it almost cost us the game.

CWSOX45

At the time I started this thread the game wasn't even over. I had no idea Colon had a blister.

So I take it back, good win today. I don't know if Jerry made the right call going to Flash, but at least Marte picked him up.

CWSOX45

At the time I started this thread the game wasn't even over. I had no idea Colon had a blister.

So I take it back, good win today. I don't know if Jerry made the right call going to Flash, but at least Marte picked him up.

CWSOX45

Fair enough man, fair enough

Are you a Manuel supporter? Please dont tell me you think he manages the bullpen well. Today he didnt make any bad moves, but he does a great job of tiring out this bullpen for no reason with his "matchups" that blow up in his face most of the time. If this team can score 10 runs a game and give up 4 max, he's a good manager. Close games, he'll give you a heart attack. I've been on the fire jerry bandwagon since 2000. Yes eventhough they won 95 games. He f***ed up a lot that year and the offense bailed him out.