A message to sports fans

Its becoming so popular to try to declare something as "over" as soon as possible. Both the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals were declared over by many after both Game 1s. What the f*** is the deal with this? Should we play all championships like the Super Bowl? Game 2 was "over" last night. But wait, the Mavs won. How did they win a game that was over with them trailing by 15 points? Can we please have a team win 4 games before a series is over?

Also, if we lose 2/3 to Detroit, the season is not over. Cheese and rice. All IMO, of course.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
Its becoming so popular to try to declare something as "over" as soon as possible. Both the NBA Finals and Stanley Cup Finals were declared over by many after both Game 1s. What the f*** is the deal with this? Should we play all championships like the Super Bowl? Game 2 was "over" last night. But wait, the Mavs won. How did they win a game that was over with them trailing by 15 points? Can we please have a team win 4 games before a series is over?

Also, if we lose 2/3 to Detroit, the season is not over. Cheese and rice. All IMO, of course.

Hi. Welcome to a messageboard.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 3, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Hi. Welcome to a messageboard.

No, he has a point...it's not the message boards...it's sports talk radio, tv, internet, etc.

I remember after the Bulls won game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. You think everyone would have learned something from that.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
No, he has a point...it's not the message boards...it's sports talk radio, tv, internet, etc.

I remember after the Bulls won game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals. You think everyone would have learned something from that.

i understand the point and agree with it somewhat. my point is opinions are like assholes, people gonna talk, etc.

starting a thread to complain how other people think and act isnt going to stop them from thinking and acting that way

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 4, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
i understand the point and agree with it somewhat. my point is opinions are like assholes, people gonna talk, etc.

starting a thread to complain how other people think and act isnt going to stop them from thinking and acting that way

I don't think he was hoping we'd all sign a petition...I think he was bored on a Friday...