6/9 Games

danman31

Another great outing for Addison Reed. Seriously, get this kid to AA.

2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K.

50 K to just 5 BB in 36 IP this year. His peripherals are outstanding.

6.19 H/9, 1.23 BB/9, 12.39 K/9, 10 K:BB, 0.82 WHIP

Now 8 of those innings are from Low-A, but his rates have been roughly the same from Low-A to High-A.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Paul Goldschmidty for the Mobile Bears looks like a monster. Dude already has 20 HRs in AA, more walks than strikeouts and a nice OBP just shy of .500. Monster.

Yeah I saw he hit his 21st HR against the Barons and looked him up. Holy crap.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
Another great outing for Addison Reed. Seriously, get this kid to AA.

2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K.

50 K to just 5 BB in 36 IP this year. His peripherals are outstanding.

6.19 H/9, 1.23 BB/9, 12.39 K/9, 10 K:BB, 0.82 WHIP

Now 8 of those innings are from Low-A, but his rates have been roughly the same from Low-A to High-A.

I'm a little confused about Reed's overall line today.

He had 2.0 IP with 4 strikeouts, and 0 walks or hits allowed, yet he also had 3 groundouts? That just doesn't add up. I guess one of his strikeouts got away from the catcher? If that's the case, that's a potentially great sign for the movement of his slider.

I'm also happy to see all of his non-strikeout-outs were of the groundball variety. Obviously it's a tremendously small sample size, but he'd been allowing a lot more flyballs since his promotion.

Edited by Pale Sox

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 11:39 PM)
I'm a little confused about Reed's overall line today.

He had 2.0 IP with 4 strikeouts, and 0 walks or hits allowed, yet he also had 3 groundouts? That just doesn't add up. I guess one of his strikeouts got away from the catcher? If that's the case, that's a potentially great sign for the movement of his slider.

I'm also happy to see all of his non-strikeout-outs were of the groundball variety. Obviously it's a tremendously small sample size, but he'd been allowing a lot more flyballs since his promotion.

Looking at the play-by-play recap, a player reached on a fielding error at 2B, and they apparently count that as a groundout for Reed. So he had 1 K, and 3 groundouts in the 6th inning, and then struck out the side in the 7th. (Their 3, 4, and 5 hitters who were 4 for 7 against the other pitchers)

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 10, 2011 -> 12:29 AM)
Looking at the play-by-play recap, a player reached on a fielding error at 2B, and they apparently count that as a groundout for Reed. So he had 1 K, and 3 groundouts in the 6th inning, and then struck out the side in the 7th. (Their 3, 4, and 5 hitters who were 4 for 7 against the other pitchers)

JoeCoolMan24>Daniel Wagner

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 9, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
Paul Goldschmidty for the Mobile Bears looks like a monster. Dude already has 20 HRs in AA, more walks than strikeouts and a nice OBP just shy of .500. Monster.

Holy s*** no kidding. 9th round pick as well. Outstanding find by the D-Backs scouts.