2011-2012 NHL Thread

I was at the game in Anaheim, tons of Hawks fans in the 100 level, which made that 3rd period extra enjoyable. About 15-20 fans through hats on the ice for Sharpie's hat trick.

Good to see them turn it around after the debacles in Alberta. They were a Niemi no-no away from a 4-2 circus trip, I will take 3-3.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
I was at the game in Anaheim, tons of Hawks fans in the 100 level, which made that 3rd period extra enjoyable. About 15-20 fans through hats on the ice for Sharpie's hat trick.

Good to see them turn it around after the debacles in Alberta. They were a Niemi no-no away from a 4-2 circus trip, I will take 3-3.

The record is acceptable. The two meltdowns are what was unacceptable.

Plus Crawford is not looking like the Crawford of last year. Hopefully it is just a rough patch.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
Plus Crawford is not looking like the Crawford of last year. Hopefully it is just a rough patch.

The D has been suspect with Keith and Seabrook in and out of the lineup lately. All will be well. They held an extremely potent Kings' offense to 1 goal, which is a good sign.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Apparently this is fire coaches day in the NHL.

I'm suprised Boudreau made it this far, I think he should have been canned after last season. 4 straight division titles (twice the #1 seed) and not a single trip to the conference finals? Buh bye.

I know the NHL playoffs can be a crapshoot at times, but something has to change there.

This Hawks team is frustrating.

They looked like 75 year olds playing against 19 year olds.. They waited for the puck to come to them, instead of being aggressive last night. Congrats to PHX, to outplaying the Hawks.. With the talent the Hawks have, this should have been an easy win. They didn't show any fight until lil-carbomb did after they went down 4-0 middle of the 3rd.... where was that fight from anyone in periods 1 and 2.

So yes.. I agree!

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 11:04 AM)
They looked like 75 year olds playing against 19 year olds.. They waited for the puck to come to them, instead of being aggressive last night. Congrats to PHX, to outplaying the Hawks.. With the talent the Hawks have, this should have been an easy win. They didn't show any fight until lil-carbomb did after they went down 4-0 middle of the 3rd.... where was that fight from anyone in periods 1 and 2.

So yes.. I agree!

Phoenix doesn't exactly suck. So no.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 1, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Kane back at winger at practice today with #19 & Stalberg

Kruger centering the 2nd line with Hossa & Sharpie

I like that. Kane I think is better back at wing, might help the defense issues of our forwards.