Why Pitch to Starlin Castro?

tonyho7476

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
I was sitting in the stands last night, and as soon as Gavin threw the wild pitch...I said, 'Ok, now walk Castro'. Why would you pitch to this kid, who has been very good, with the worst 3rd place hitter in baseball, in the on-deck circle. Of course he was going to get a hit. 1st base was open. What the f*** Ozzie?

Well the answer to your question is the same one when people asked, "Why did we just pitch to Miguel Cabrera or any other slugger who destroys us with a base open." The magic 8 ball is a fickle cat, its wisdom however is beyond question. Your logic is not welcome here move along, nothing to see here.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)
Well the answer to your question is the same one when people asked, "Why did we just pitch to Miguel Cabrera or any other slugger who destroys us with a base open." The magic 8 ball is a fickle cat, its wisdom however is beyond question. Your logic is not welcome here move along, nothing to see here.

Miguel Cabrera and Starlin Castro are 2 different beasts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
Miguel Cabrera and Starlin Castro are 2 different beasts.

Oh I know. I find it funny that we are worried about pitching to Starlin Castro when we have gone after much more prolific hitters late in the game.

We losat the game-time to move on. Worrying about what might have been or not have been is waste of time. I would think anyway that you don't intentioal;ly walk a guy like Castro that early in the game. Now maybe Babe Ruth but not Starlin Castro