Your award winners at the halfway point.

Jordan4life_2007

Pretty much every team has played at least 81 games. So here we go:

AL MVP: Adrian Gonzalez -.356/.410/.601/1.011 - 4.4 WAR (you could just as easily make a case for Miggy).

AL CY: Justin Verlander - 10-3, 2.38 ERA, 2.83 FIP, 8.67 K/9, 3.5 WAR (Weaver is my runner-up).

AL ROY: Michael Pineda - 7-5, 2.65 ERA, 3.08 FIP, 8.74 K/9, 2.2 WAR (there's nobody else close at the moment).

AL MOY: Joe Maddon. Not much has to be said here.

AL CPOY: Josh Beckett. Though a good case could be made for James Shields.

NL MVP: Jose Reyes -.349/.393/.525/.918 - 5.1 WAR (Matt Kemp is my runner-up).

NL CY: Roy Halladay. No numbers necessary. The guy is just really, really good at getting guys out.

NL ROY: Craig Kimbrel - 23 saves, 2.63 ERA, 1.48 FIP, 14.27 K/9 (that's not a typo). He's been simply the best closer in baseball. If Brandon Beachy hadn't gotten hurt, he'd probably be my favorite. Damn I hate the Braves so very much.

NL MOY: Bruce Bochy. Team continues to overachieve despite a less than impressive roster sans the rotation and a season-ending injury to their best player (Kirk Gibson is my runner-up).

NL CPOY: Berkman, Lance. The end.

Edit: Meant to put this in the DC. Feel free to move if necessary.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Pretty much every team has played at least 81 games. So here we go:

AL MVP: Adrian Gonzalez -.356/.410/.601/1.011 - 4.4 WAR (you could just as easily make a case for Miggy).

AL CY: Justin Verlander - 10-3, 2.38 ERA, 2.83 FIP, 8.67 K/9, 3.5 WAR (Weaver is my runner-up).

AL ROY: Michael Pineda - 7-5, 2.65 ERA, 3.08 FIP, 8.74 K/9, 2.2 WAR (there's nobody else close at the moment).

AL MOY: Joe Maddon. Not much has to be said here.

AL CPOY: Josh Beckett. Though a good case could be made for James Shields.

NL MVP: Jose Reyes -.349/.393/.525/.918 - 5.1 WAR (Matt Kemp is my runner-up).

NL CY: Roy Halladay. No numbers necessary. The guy is just really, really good at getting guys out.

NL ROY: Craig Kimbrel - 23 saves, 2.63 ERA, 1.48 FIP, 14.27 K/9 (that's not a typo). He's been simply the best closer in baseball. If Brandon Beachy hadn't gotten hurt, he'd probably be my favorite. Damn I hate the Braves so very much.

NL MOY: Bruce Bochy. Team continues to overachieve despite a less than impressive roster sans the rotation and a season-ending injury to their best player (Kirk Gibson is my runner-up).

NL CPOY: Berkman, Lance. The end.

Edit: Meant to put this in the DC. Feel free to move if necessary.

No Bautista?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
No Bautista?

I thought about it. But I just can't go with him. I feel like your team has to at least be a contender. I know that's not fair. But unless you're having a '04 Bonds-like year, I feel the MVP should always come from a playoff team or at least a near playoff team. I went with Reyes despite the fact the Mets don't qualify as a contender simply because nobody from the NL really stands out to me (and Reyes has just been REALLY good in all aspects). Kemp has been great. But the Dodgers blow. Pujols has been human. Guys like Tulo, Cargo and Upton have had really good years, but not MVP-like. I'll never go with Ryan Howard because he stole his award from Albert in '06. Votto has had a fine year. But not as good as last year. I guess Prince? Just had to go with Reyes.

Also, I didn't realize Ogando had rookie eligibility going into this year. So that makes the AL ROY race a lot closer than I made it sound.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
Hard to argue with any of those, my only change would probably be NL Manager. Clint Hurdle has the Pirates over .500. Enough said.

Yup, I considered him. He's done a fine job. And if they're still over .500 at the end of the year, I'd definitely go with him.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jun 30, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
About AGon, what a novel concept, pay a player big money and see him deliver...Adam Dunn, I`m looking at you.

Solid list.

Boston traded great prospects for Gonzalez, and are paying him much more than Dunn.

Dunn was a FA pickup.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
chw42 was right. f*** team records. Jose Bautista is the MVP to this point. I really hope one day a 'Most outstanding player' award is created.

Well, if Felix could win the Cy last year, Bautista could win MVP this year. Still, Gonzalez > Bautista.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 06:28 PM)
Well, if Felix could win the Cy last year, Bautista could win MVP this year. Still, Gonzalez > Bautista.

The Bautista from June was an .830 OPS player. The Bautista from April/May put up a >1.275 OPS.

If he's the Bautista from June the rest of the way, he's not winning MVP. If he pulls out another streak like that first 2 months, then bang, it'll be his.

If the overall numbers of the 2 are similar it'll go to the guy with the first place team. Bautista needs to be clearly better.