From "ALL IN" to ALL DUNN!!!!!!!

soxfan72

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:26 AM)
7-14 against the division and absolutely no offense tells me they are not still in it.

No, you're right. I alluded to that afterwards, stating that if they can't beat the likes of KC and the Twins at home they are in trouble.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:43 AM)
And won't ever be possible. He could never play another game and it still wouldn't be the worst signing ever.

I'd say he's the worst Sox free agent signing of all time given the contract, results, and expectations.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I'd say he's the worst Sox free agent signing of all time given the contract, results, and expectations.

If he does this for 4 years sure, worst Sox signing. I still refuse to believe he forgot how to hit after 9 years of production.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)

LOL, the contract is barely 15% through, let's see what happens for the next 3.5 years first.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:47 AM)
If he does this for 4 years sure, worst Sox signing. I still refuse to believe he forgot how to hit after 9 years of production.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
LOL, the contract is barely 15% through, let's see what happens for the next 3.5 years first.

An awful 2nd half of 2010 coupled with an even worse 1st half of 2011 points to a trend.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
The team is by no means out of it (if you just look at the standings), but we have no confidence in them doing anything.

Look at our upcoming schedule. So we'll limp into the all-star break getting battered by the Twins as usual.

When we come out of it we have to play the Tigers 6 games. Another AL Central team we can't beat lately. KC again, and Boston.

Then August starts with the Yankees and Twins again.

Sure looks like a freefall upcoming to me. July was pretty much a make or break month.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 11:52 AM)
An awful 2nd half of 2010 coupled with an even worse 1st half of 2011 points to a trend.

Here's Konerko's OPS from 2007-2009

2007: .841 (age 31)

2008: .783 (32)

2009: .842 (33)

That pointed to a trend as well for a hitter at a similar age. Dunn's awful OPS after the AS Break last year was .803

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Dunn's awful OPS after the AS Break last year was .803

A 160 point dip in OPS was significant. As was his drop off in singles, doubles, HRs, and RBIs.

EDIT: So basically his respectable OPS in the 2nd half was mostly propped up by a nice number of walks. I for one don't want to rely on a ton of walks from our multimillion dollar signing. He needs to hit HRs and knock in runs.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
A 160 point dip in OPS was significant. As was his drop off in singles, doubles, HRs, and RBIs.

EDIT: So basically his respectable OPS in the 2nd half was mostly propped up by a nice number of walks. I for one don't want to rely on a ton of walks from our multimillion dollar signing. He needs to hit HRs and knock in runs.

He did hit 16 HRs & 44 RBIs in 70 games, which is on pace for a 37 HR, 101 RBI season, which is in line with his career averages. His batting average & doubles were lacking a bit.

I agree that he needs to hit HRs & knock in runs, which he isn't doing. I'm just not gonna write off the next 3.5 years as the worst FA signing ever until it actually happens. If this s*** keeps up, then yes it probably will be the worst signing ever for the Sox.

tired of hearing the very worn out 'i cant believe dunn just forgot how to hit after 9 years'

nobody is saying he forgot how to hit, he's just SO f***ing wrapped up in his own mind, overthinking and overanalyzing that its become a detriment to his ability

the ONLY way he comes out of this is to keep getting him ABs, unfortunately

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
I'm pretty sure the twins have a worse collective record against the Yankees during the same time period.

But the Yankees are way more talented. It's more surprising that we can't even beat them (The Twins) when 80% of their team is injured.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
But the Yankees are way more talented. It's more surprising that we can't even beat them (The Twins) when 80% of their team is injured.

And yet we have been killing the Yankees over the same time period IIRC.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
And yet we have been killing the Yankees over the same time period IIRC.

I wouldn't say we've been killing them.

*awaits stat nerds to prove me wrong* :P

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
tired of hearing the very worn out 'i cant believe dunn just forgot how to hit after 9 years'

nobody is saying he forgot how to hit, he's just SO f***ing wrapped up in his own mind, overthinking and overanalyzing that its become a detriment to his ability

I too think he should get ABs but not in Chicago. He needs to take an assignment to Charlotte where he can work it out and re-gain his confidence. They should just call this what it is and that's more than just a slump, this is something so extreme that extraordinary measures should be taken.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
I too think he should get ABs but not in Chicago. He needs to take an assignment to Charlotte where he can work it out and re-gain his confidence. They should just call this what it is and that's more than just a slump, this is something so extreme that extraordinary measures should be taken.

Yeah, I think of a slump being a bad stretch covering a span anywhere between a couple of days to a couple of weeks. This ain't no slump. He needs to go to Charlotte because working out the problem here is killing the team. If he weren't able to improve in Charlotte, then what though???

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)

It's about as worn out as the 7000 "Dunn is the worst player evarrrrr!!!!" posts

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)

Picture it. All-Star Break, 2011. A Native American sweat lodge in the middle of nowhere. A naked Dr. Phil (Jackson?), Steve Stone, and Adam Dunn's tortured mind...

Eureka!

Edited by SouthSideTeacher