Yesterday's party...

Steff

This is important steff. Heather could kill someone. If ya drink, dont drive. Its that simple. This isnt to be rude, its to teach a lesson...

And what is 35 posts all saying the same thing going to accomplish...? :huh:

I had a comment to make.. I did. She takes the advice or she doesn't. End of story.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Badass cops do more desk riding than cruiser riding. And don't say that to a background investigator. I guarantee that, if you do, you will never be a cop. Ever.

Dont tell em that I once thought that? Actually Im just joking. Id rather be undercover. A narc maybe. Or homicide detective. Something cool, not the guy a buncha teens speed by, flip off and yell "pig" too everyday... :lol:

And what is 35 posts all saying the same thing going to accomplish...?  :huh:

I had a comment to make.. I did. She takes the advice or she doesn't. End of story.

Well if she doesnt, someone could die. I stand by you in that the next time she does this, you wont let her drive. Thats admirable...

It's easier for someone to dismiss 1 post than it is 35. Maybe it's that 35th post that finally sinks in. If it is, then it's worth the time it takes to type all of them out.

Well if she doesnt, someone could die. I stand by you in that the next time she does this, you wont let her drive. Thats admirable...

But it begs the question...why didn't she stop her from driving the first time? :huh:

I realize Steff isn't her mommy and that Heather is an adult, but she was (by the sounds of it) very unfit to be driving. As a friend (or hell, even a fellow human being), why not say "You know what, you've had too much to drink", take the keys, and call her a cab. Seems like a no-brainer to me. :huh:

Id rather be undercover. A narc maybe. Or homicide detective. Something cool, not the guy a buncha teens speed by, flip off and yell "pig" too everyday... :lol:

You gotta be "the guy a buncha teens speed by, flip off and yell 'pig' too everyday" before you can be undercover, a narc, or homicide detective Roman.

Well, I admit I was stupid in driving off like that. I've been in a nice-sized depressive state lately, which has nixed my perkiness and good judgement, but I won't expound on anything unless someone wants to privately PM me.

I'm making a pact with myself to not drink any alcohol for a while, as well as knowing my limits.

My life HAS beed effected by a drunk driver. Has YOURS? Do you know the feeling of getting the call?

Please save the sermon.

Personally.. I don't think me, or you, or anyone here has the right to give Heather a lesson on morals.

Did anyone get hurt? No. So say your peace and move on. Unless, of course, you have nothing better to do but beat the hell out of this horse, too...

Thankfully, no, my life has not been directly affected by a drunk driver, and I'm sorry that yours has. It surprises me that someone whose life has would take the "nobody got hurt, let's forget about it" approach.

And I feel that it's our place as HUMAN BEINGS to try to help those with a problem, and get them to seek help and/or do some soul-searching to find out why they would put others at such risk. I don't want anyone here to die, nor do I want them to be the cause of another's death. Call it a sermon if you wish, but if it is a sermon, it's one of humanity and common sense.

I never said forget about it. Don't put words in my mouth. And I commented on it as well. IMO, this is not the place for anyone looking to "teach someone a lesson" or help anyone. Make your point and move on. Who are you, or me, or anyone to give anyone else a lecture..? They listen or they don't.

If I ever go to a party and my friends get drunk and I dont, and one of them is driving, they better hand over the keys. Ill beat the s*** outta them before I let them get in the car. Ill do whatever it takes to stop them from driving...

I agree with that....Although Bacardi Silver doesn't have a ton of alcohol content in it, if you drink enough you can get pretty f***ed up..also Smirnoff Ice is kinda like that...Both quality drinks though :D

But it begs the question...why didn't she stop her from driving the first time? :huh:

I realize Steff isn't her mommy and that Heather is an adult, but she was (by the sounds of it) very unfit to be driving. As a friend (or hell, even a fellow human being), why not say "You know what, you've had too much to drink", take the keys, and call her a cab. Seems like a no-brainer to me. :huh:

:fyou Clu.. but there was 40+ people there. I could not keep my eye on everyone... and as it happened Henry did take her to his place so she did not drive for 4+ hours after she stopped drinking.

This conversation, as usual, has turned into a complete waste of time since you are right and the world's all wrong.

So, have a wonderful evening... nite.

Well, I admit I was stupid in driving off like that.  I've been in a nice-sized depressive state lately, which has nixed my perkiness and good judgement, but I won't expound on anything unless someone wants to privately PM me.

I'm making a pact with myself to not drink any alcohol for a while, as well as knowing my limits.

I've been in a nice-sized depressive state lately,

:o You been hangin out with Ian??? :P

Well, we have something in common though...

:fyou Clu.. but there was 40+ people there. I could not keep my eye on everyone... and as it happened Henry did take her to his place so she did not drive for 4+ hours after she stopped drinking.

This conversation, as usual, has turned into a complete waste of time. Have a wonderful evening...

1) I think its pretty ridiculous of someone to comment on an event when they were not personally present and 2) I think it's incredibly ridiculous to pick out Steff as the only one who had the power to stop Heather at a gathering of like 50 people.

1) I think its pretty ridiculous of someone to comment on an event when they were not personally present and 2) I think it's incredibly ridiculous to pick out Steff as the only one who had the power to stop Heather at a gathering of like 50 people.

Based on what Steff said earlier ("I'm going to go on record here as saying that if you ever come out with us again and get that messed up without a dd.. your f***ing Saturn will be spending the night at Comiskey"), that almost implies that she had the choice of letting her drive home or stop her. If that is innacurate, I apologize to Steff.

But, SOMEONE there should have stopped her if she was as s***-faced as it sounds like she was.

BTW, the whole "you weren't there so you can't comment on it" idea is ridiculous. We comment on things we weren't present at everyday of our life.

BTW, the whole "you weren't there so you can't comment on it" idea is ridiculous.  We comment on things we weren't present at everyday of our life.

Commenting is one thing (looks like it was a good time, etc.), laying blame is another...

I should have been more clear... I apologize.

Well, I admit I was stupid in driving off like that.  I've been in a nice-sized depressive state lately, which has nixed my perkiness and good judgement, but I won't expound on anything unless someone wants to privately PM me.

Great Heather, I am proud of you.......... :headbang ;)

Well i'm a little late chiming in on this thread so i'll just say this:

I'm not there to give heather a lesson like steff was talking about already. I was just worried about how in the hell she was going to get home that day because she was in pretty bad shape. I don't wanna see anyone i've met from this board, or well anyone in general have some accident on the way home, so i'm glad whoever took care of her took care of her and that's that. All safe and sound and heather will do what she wants with her experience and i'll leave it at that

And thanks for the kickass tailgate steff