2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So CJ Watson hasnt made a shot in 2 games I think, yet Thibs refuses to switch it up.

At some point you just have to try anything when you are so undermanned, just give James a shot, it doesnt really matter at this point it cant be any worse.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
So CJ Watson hasnt made a shot in 2 games I think, yet Thibs refuses to switch it up.

At some point you just have to try anything when you are so undermanned, just give James a shot, it doesnt really matter at this point it cant be any worse.

Some of the worse point guard play I've ever seen in the playoffs. Watson has been absolutely brutal. Hamilton has been raped on a few plays with no call. This is brutal.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Against a 76ers team that only wants to drive, Brewer is a good defensive option.

Im just more mad that Thibs didnt start Taj who has been good and let the Bulls get into a hole.

I like Taj. Whether he started or not though, whatever, he's going to get a lot of minutes today. I do think he should have been in the game when the Bulls couldn't score. Gibson can score. I want Butler out there and Watson should be permanently benched.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Neither is the rim

Its why I didn't want the Bluls to sign him. They needed a guy who can stretch the court, not a poor mans Deng. Good god, the Sixers have hit some ridiculous shots tonight. If Bulls can just stay with them, they'll be alright. Thank goodness for Taj!!!

Thibs just isnt seeing that with Asik on the floor the 76ers are able to double hard constantly, as soon as you have Taj/Boozer they have to play much more straight up giving everyone a chance.

If they spread the defense out they may just have a chance.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
The problem with Asik out there is that he's more a low post guy and its hard for him to be out on Hawes. Hawes is on fire though (and that 3 wasn't on Asik).

Its why I thought Taj/Boozer would start. 76ers arent a big team with a lot of post guys who can beat you. You might as well put the most athletic team out there and see what happens. Asik is just not a great fit for this series.