2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
I've seen Macklemore and Lil Wayne live, and it wasn't even close, Macklemore killed it. Probably has something to do with the fact that lil wayne is a terrible rapper and his music sucks, but even Macklemore just learning how to be a stage performer was better than Lil Wayne 3-4 years ago when he was supposed to be in his prime.

lol

Macklemore is 1 year younger than Wayne. You just dont realize that for 10 years everyone knew Macklemore sucked, but I guess hes gone pop and is doing well with kids.

That was 2000, was a tough time to be a weak Eminem.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
lol

Macklemore is 1 year younger than Wayne. You just dont realize that for 10 years everyone knew Macklemore sucked, but I guess hes gone pop and is doing well with kids.

That was 2000, was a tough time to be a weak Eminem.

First off, I've been listening to Macklemore for years now, I know he didn't just start rapping.

But what does any of that have to do with what I said? You should also tell me I'm wrong because he's from Seattle, because that too has nothing to do with the conversation.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
First off, I've been listening to Macklemore for years now, I know he didn't just start rapping.

But what does any of that have to do with what I said? You should also tell me I'm wrong because he's from Seattle, because that too has nothing to do with the conversation.

You said:

Macklemore just learning how to be a stage performer was better than Lil Wayne 3-4 years ago when he was supposed to be in his prime.

I correctly pointed out that both of them have been at the rap game for a similar amount of time. So it doesnt make sense to say that Macklemore is still learning and Wayne isnt, when they are both practically the same age.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
You said:

I correctly pointed out that both of them have been at the rap game for a similar amount of time. So it doesnt make sense to say that Macklemore is still learning and Wayne isnt, when they are both practically the same age.

I said learning as a STAGE PERFORMER, as in, he is learning how to perform at big concerts where he has to entertain a large group with pyrotechnics and have stage direction for cameras and be a good performer for that type of venue. For the better part of a decade he has been doing smaller shows, and certainly not on a big solo tour. You alluded to seeing him live and thinking he was not as good as LOLWayne. I had the exact opposite experience and I used his newness to these types of performances as maybe as an example of why you had a different experience than mine.

Now if you are saying you simply think Lil Wayne is a better rapper, or has better music than Macklemore, than I am afraid we can end this discussion right here because I wouldn't be able to take you seriously after that.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 06:10 PM)
I said learning as a STAGE PERFORMER, as in, he is learning how to perform at big concerts where he has to entertain a large group with pyrotechnics and have stage direction for cameras and be a good performer for that type of venue. For the better part of a decade he has been doing smaller shows, and certainly not on a big solo tour. You alluded to seeing him live and thinking he was not as good as LOLWayne. I had the exact opposite experience and I used his newness to these types of performances as maybe as an example of why you had a different experience than mine.

Now if you are saying you simply think Lil Wayne is a better rapper, or has better music than Macklemore, than I am afraid we can end this discussion right here because I wouldn't be able to take you seriously after that.

I had a different experience because outside of Pac and Biggie Ive seen pretty much every rap group a live and Macklemore was a 14 year old teeny show.

And I dont care if you take me seriously:

http://therapinsider.com/2013/06/19/defeat...e-people-dance/

You may not like Lil Wayne and you may be the biggest Macklemore fan boy on the block, but there is a reason why Mackelmore looks up to Lil Wayne. (see 10:50 on where he starts talking about how he wants to meet Wayne and he thinks Wayne is the biggest influence on his career, the other being Kanye.)

Yeah thats called checkmate. Unless you dont take Macklemore seriously?

Lulz

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 09:25 PM)
I had a different experience because outside of Pac and Biggie Ive seen pretty much every rap group a live and Macklemore was a 14 year old teeny show.

And I dont care if you take me seriously:

http://therapinsider.com/2013/06/19/defeat...e-people-dance/

You may not like Lil Wayne and you may be the biggest Macklemore fan boy on the block, but there is a reason why Mackelmore looks up to Lil Wayne. (see 10:50 on where he starts talking about how he wants to meet Wayne and he thinks Wayne is the biggest influence on his career, the other being Kanye.)

Yeah thats called checkmate. Unless you dont take Macklemore seriously?

Lulz

Nice article about some racist DJ, I'm really going to listen to what that racist degenerate has to say.

And I already told you I've been listening to Mack for years, which means I know he talks about how he likes lil wayne multiple times in his songs. But luckily he raps nothing like lil wayne and therefore I can actually enjoy his music.

Lil Wayne is one of the worst mainstream rappers, right up there with Soulja boy, 2 Chainz, Chief Keef, and well, almost everyone in his terribad "Young Money" crew.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 4, 2013 -> 12:01 AM)
Childish Gambino album leaked today. I REEEALLY want to hold off until next Tuesday and then buy it though. Assuming it's only like $10.

I successfully waited until today to get the CD.

So far, not as many "songs" as I would like. I am on track 11 now, and only like 5 of them are songs. 2 or 3 of them are interludes, and the others are like 90 seconds long with 1 verse. I think I may still end up liking Camp better.

Edited by Chilihead90

Of the ones I've heard....

1) Childish Gambino - Because The Internet

2) Kanye - Yeezus

3) Eminem - MMLP2

4) Mac Miller - Watching Movies with the Sound Off

5) Big Sean - Hall of Fame

6) Jay-Z - Magna Carta Holy Grail

7) Kid Cudi - Indicud

8) Drake - Nothing Was the Same

I haven't heard B.o.B's new album yet.