Big 12 Tourney

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 05:05 PM)
No Nash means no threat from Ok State. Texas isn't good. I won't get on that bandwagon. They MIGHT be able to beat Iowa State, but I really won't pick it.

And Wangmene is out, so that eliminates some down low pressure from Texas.

I wouldn't say that Mizzou is head and shoulders above Iowa State. The Cyclones were up at the half of each game against Mizzou. Both games have been very close. The Tigers should still be expected to win, but to assume the crowd will be heavily pro Mizzou is not totally accurate, Iowa State travels very well to KC and I guarantee any KU fans will pull for ISU over the Tigers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
I wouldn't say that Mizzou is head and shoulders above Iowa State. The Cyclones were up at the half of each game against Mizzou. Both games have been very close. The Tigers should still be expected to win, but to assume the crowd will be heavily pro Mizzou is not totally accurate, Iowa State travels very well to KC and I guarantee any KU fans will pull for ISU over the Tigers.

I never said Mizzou was. It's definitely a tough match up just because of Royce White. I just would never pick Iowa State to win three games in a row against Texas, Mizzou and the finalist. Iowa State shoots far too many threes to expect three good performances in a row.

It is fun to look at the bracket and see all the teams with Texas or Oklahoma in their names as the worst five teams in the conference.

QUOTE (Tex @ Mar 5, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
Based on a too small sample size I am liking Baylor. Of course I will be cheering for UT loudest.

Will you change your mind after seeing the uniforms they are breaking out for the tournament??

244542_baylor.jpg

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
I never said Mizzou was. It's definitely a tough match up just because of Royce White. I just would never pick Iowa State to win three games in a row against Texas, Mizzou and the finalist. Iowa State shoots far too many threes to expect three good performances in a row.

It is fun to look at the bracket and see all the teams with Texas or Oklahoma in their names as the worst five teams in the conference.

I pretty much agree with you, but it'll be interesting to see how things shake out.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 6, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)
Will you change your mind after seeing the uniforms they are breaking out for the tournament??

Is that neon thing on the left for real? Seriously?

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 01:13 AM)
ISU(Illinois)>>>>ISU(Iowa)

I can't tell if this is just your annoyance with people using the moniker "ISU" to refer to Iowa State, or if you are actually trying to say the team is better. If it the latter... LOL.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
Iowa State derps that game away. Can't let Texas get that many offensive boards and expect to win.

YAY Mizzou doesn't have to face Royce White again! YAY!

I may regret that reaction tomorrow, but it's honest right now.

Had a bad feeling about that game going in, as I said before. Texas was desperate, ISU was nervous and inexperienced in that sort of situation. Not a good combination.

Now ISU goes from being a 7-seed (with a win vs TEX) and a chance for higher, to being probably an 8-seed, maybe even 9-seed. Sucks being in the 8/9 section of the bracket, playing a near-match team and then the 1st seed.

Oh well. No matter what goes on now, this season was a BIG step in the right direction for the Cyclones.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 08:49 AM)
Had a bad feeling about that game going in, as I said before. Texas was desperate, ISU was nervous and inexperienced in that sort of situation. Not a good combination.

Now ISU goes from being a 7-seed (with a win vs TEX) and a chance for higher, to being probably an 8-seed, maybe even 9-seed. Sucks being in the 8/9 section of the bracket, playing a near-match team and then the 1st seed.

Oh well. No matter what goes on now, this season was a BIG step in the right direction for the Cyclones.

Unless they are the 8/9 seed in the UK or Syracuse bracket, I dont see the difference in them being a 7th seed against a 2 seed or 8/9 vs one of the other 1 seeds.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
I can't tell if this is just your annoyance with people using the moniker "ISU" to refer to Iowa State, or if you are actually trying to say the team is better. If it the latter... LOL.

Oh I was just joking about that. I'm not even annoyed by the ISU meaning Iowa State. It's pretty obvious which school is being referenced depending on if it's You, Heads, or Me using it.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Unless they are the 8/9 seed in the UK or Syracuse bracket, I dont see the difference in them being a 7th seed against a 2 seed or 8/9 vs one of the other 1 seeds.

Well that's just it. Syracuse and Kentucky are just not beatable for a team like ISU. Kansas or the like, though, they have a small shot. So I guess it depends a lot on which bracket.

8 vs 9 is very little difference, but 7 vs 8 could be a big difference.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 9, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
Well that's just it. Syracuse and Kentucky are just not beatable for a team like ISU. Kansas or the like, though, they have a small shot. So I guess it depends a lot on which bracket.

8 vs 9 is very little difference, but 7 vs 8 could be a big difference.

They're not really allowed to play KU in the 2nd round.

I'm just getting over last night's debacle. ISU doesn't play nearly as well against a really hungry team. A lower seed might be better for them...they play better when they have to play up to the competition.

Anywho, still think Kansas is winning this tournament.