Happy 100th Birthday to Fenway Park

Fenway

On Friday at 3 PM Eastern - Boston will play the New York Highlanders in the 100th Anniversary game of Fenway Park.

( game will be on MLB Net )

The Yankees (Highlanders) will wear these

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/...e_635/image.jpg

Boston will also wear 1912 uniforms but they have not released what they will look like.

Today ( Thursday ) the team will have an 'open house'

The Red Sox will hold a free open house from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, giving fans the chance to join in on Fenway Park's centennial even if they can't be there Friday against the Yankees.

Terry Francona has decided to appear on Friday which should be very interesting. Bobby Valentine is already hated by Red Sox fans and WEEI had a poll asking would you rather have Ozzie as manager and 76% said yes.

Boston has botched this whole ceremony by not originallt inviting Francona and Theo back. Two guys that brought them their only 2 rings in 90 years.

I saw Francona will be there and will probably get a 5 minute standing O, but don't think Epstein will.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
Boston has botched this whole ceremony by not originallt inviting Francona and Theo back. Two guys that brought them their only 2 rings in 90 years.

I saw Francona will be there and will probably get a 5 minute standing O, but don't think Epstein will.

Epstein was 'invited' but told he could not be on the field and he declined.

Schilling says he wasn't invited until last week and claims he is flying to China.

Clemens turned them down and nobody knows if Grady Little will show.

Some here actually believe that the Red Sox will make some kind of an announcement concerning Francona which is why he changed his mind.

The Yankees pulled that stunt in 1978.

This is how bad things are right now. WEEI had an online pole asking who would be a better manager for the Red Sox in 2012 - Bobby V or Ozzie. Ozzie won with 70% of the vote.

It is going to be a long summer in Boston.

Edited by Fenway

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
Hey, Fenway. Nice to see you posting here.

:D Thanks

Today was special at Fenway - a day when the REAL Red Sox fans, not the pink hats could cheer.

Here are 2 links from MLB

This is an 8 minute condensed version of the pre-game

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20774345

Here is the Red Sox in-house video of the 200+ players

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20773865

The beauty was - stars and bit players were for the most part treated the same.

Sure for the younger fans 2004 and 2007 mean everything - but for us hardcore Boston fans we remember 1967, the mid 70's and 1986.

The hardcore Boston fans DESPISE the ESPN generation of fans - and I will remind any White Sox fan that when you beat us in 2005 - most fans at Fenway while sad cheered the White Sox and said 'it's your turn'.

The few White Sox fans in Fenway were not hassled that day.

1128743744_3451.jpg

QUOTE (Fenway @ Apr 20, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Epstein was 'invited' but told he could not be on the field and he declined.

Schilling says he wasn't invited until last week and claims he is flying to China.

Clemens turned them down and nobody knows if Grady Little will show.

Some here actually believe that the Red Sox will make some kind of an announcement concerning Francona which is why he changed his mind.

The Yankees pulled that stunt in 1978.

This is how bad things are right now. WEEI had an online pole asking who would be a better manager for the Red Sox in 2012 - Bobby V or Ozzie. Ozzie won with 70% of the vote.

It is going to be a long summer in Boston.

The Mariners crew (Sims/Blowers) made a comment about Harrelson in 1967 and the fact that he was invited but wasn't going to show (besides the fact he was broadcasting the game). Something to do with not liking the current Sox ownership, but I couldn't understand what he said because it was right before the commercial break.

But Francona did come back, right?

I saw the scene with Pedro Martinez and Millar partying/drinking on the dugout, as well as Yaz and James Edward Rice.

What about Nomar? I think Varitek and Wakefield were there, too.

They had to roll out Pesky and Bobby Doerr.

Dwight Evans? Fred Lynn? Carlton Fisk? Trot Nixon? I'm sure JD Drew wasn't in attendance, either.

Dave Roberts couldn't be there because of his coaching duties with the Padres.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 02:14 AM)
The Mariners crew (Sims/Blowers) made a comment about Harrelson in 1967 and the fact that he was invited but wasn't going to show (besides the fact he was broadcasting the game). Something to do with not liking the current Sox ownership, but I couldn't understand what he said because it was right before the commercial break.

But Francona did come back, right?

I saw the scene with Pedro Martinez and Millar partying/drinking on the dugout, as well as Yaz and James Edward Rice.

What about Nomar? I think Varitek and Wakefield were there, too.

They had to roll out Pesky and Bobby Doerr.

Dwight Evans? Fred Lynn? Carlton Fisk? Trot Nixon? I'm sure JD Drew wasn't in attendance, either.

Dave Roberts couldn't be there because of his coaching duties with the Padres.

That is odd about Hawk saying that as the Red Sox just put up a display of broadcasters and Hawk was one of the few that who was given a picture.

543497_3524560985433_1014362077_33224653

7057753461_d061be4b3e_c.jpg

Dwight Evans was the second player that came out - Fisk caught the first pitch from Caroline Kennedy. Nomar got loud cheers. Lynn, Nixon and Drew were not there.

Complete list of who was there.

http://www.weei.com/sites/default/files/pd...alumni_list.pdf

The lovely folks at the NY Post had the last word today

front042112.jpg

Edited by Fenway