2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)
You get those two you move Kane or Sharp to center the 2nd line.

Taking Kane or Sharp away from the wing is taking them away from what they do best, but that's just Bowman being the f***ing idiot that he is.

I'd rather that they would've made a play for Vermette when he was in Columbus, Staal before Carolina dealt for him, or Ribeiro before Washington got him.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Remember when Sharp was the #2 center on a Stanley Cup winning team?

Regardless of position, they need to add to the top 6.

And in 2010, he had his lowest S% since his first year and only 25 goals (he had more the following season and this past season). He also only had 266 shots, which he surpassed the following 2 years at wing.

Point is, Sharp needs to be at a wing so he can do what he does best, shoot and shoot a lot.

Edited by soxfan49

Committed Indians

Sources close to Shane Doan are indicating the Hawks & Kings are out front in the bidding for his services. Today was his D-Day for the Phoenix/Glendale situation, so it could be an interesting 24-48 hours. Here's hoping he lands here!

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
Once again...from HockeyBuzz (and again, grain of salt).

Mmmm...salty.

I think I would do this trade.

That's a really interesting trade. Obviously, I like Subban, and Plekanec would be a solid #2 center, but I don't see that deal being feasible. I don't see the Blackhawks trading such a marketable asset like Kane without clearly answering the goaltending situation. Add to that, the front office does oddly love Hjalmarsson - though they have been trying to turn him into more value than he is (see Sam Gagne).

Add to that, the Habs have to realize that Montreal would eat Kaner alive. Blackhawks fans on the whole have become almost as meatheady as Cubs fans, and haven't cared at all about Kaner's exploits. If that went down in Montreal, that fan base would crucify him.

So, I'd see both front offices/management teams saying no to that one.

Personally, I would really like that trade as Subban would be such a breath of fresh air (and in his own right a ridiculously marketable player who fills a huge need for the roster) AND we'd have a #2 center who helps fill out the lines and lets us stop playing Sharp (and obviously Kane) at center. The Hawks are not short on wing depth, so I don't believe the under-performing frat boy Kane would be missed.

Either way, it likely won't happen as neither Chicago winter team seems able to step up and rock a real deal!

Edited by Steve9347

Seen this on Stuy's board.. I could imagine this would be how the convo goes lol

Bergevin: Hey, Stan?

Stan: Bergy, What's up?

Bergevin: I'd like to make a trade.

Stan: ok.........

Bergevin:Kane & Hamma for Plekanec/Subban..

Stan:ok.........is that all?

Bergevin; well, I'd like a 1st & 2nd also......

Stan: ok.................anything else????

Bergevin: well.............I want you to pay half of Kane's contract too..

Stan: ok.................anything else??

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 8, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
And in 2010, he had his lowest S% since his first year and only 25 goals (he had more the following season and this past season). He also only had 266 shots, which he surpassed the following 2 years at wing.

Point is, Sharp needs to be at a wing so he can do what he does best, shoot and shoot a lot.

Point is, he can hold down center if necessary without him being out of position. It's not like trying to throw Kane in there. So, you acquire more top 6 help, and if it's in the form of a winger, that's fine.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
Add to that, the Habs have to realize that Montreal would eat Kaner alive. Blackhawks fans on the whole have become almost as meatheady as Cubs fans, and haven't cared at all about Kaner's exploits. If that went down in Montreal, that fan base would crucify him.

The Montreal fan base & media make those following the Red Sox look quiet & sane.

I think they would be more pissed at Bergevin for letting Subban go. He's loved there, more-so than Price even. Kid grew up a Habs fan and he's public enemy #1 with that whole Habs-Bruins rivalry.

That's a really interesting trade. Obviously, I like Subban, and Plekanec would be a solid #2 center, but I don't see that deal being feasible. I don't see the Blackhawks trading such a marketable asset like Kane without clearly answering the goaltending situation. Add to that, the front office does oddly love Hjalmarsson - though they have been trying to turn him into more value than he is (see Sam Gagne).

So, I'd see both front offices/management teams saying no to that one.

Personally, I would really like that trade as Subban would be such a breath of fresh air (and in his own right a ridiculously marketable player who fills a huge need for the roster) AND we'd have a #2 center who helps fill out the lines and lets us stop playing Sharp (and obviously Kane) at center. The Hawks are not short on wing depth, so I don't believe the under-performing frat boy Kane would be missed.

Either way, it likely won't happen as neither Chicago winter team seems able to step up and rock a real deal!

Considering how protected he has been here, it would be brutal.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
Here's how I'd break the trade down:

2nd line C for 2nd line C- Kane for Plekanec

D for D- Subban for Hjalmarsson

Why the f*** would Montreal trade PK Subban for Niklas Hjalmarsson?

I guess it would go more like this:

Kane > Plekanec

Hjalmarsson

Therefore = trade.

I also think the salaries are similar.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Kane had the game winning goal that won us the Stanley Cup, he can do whatever the f*** he wants as far as I'm concerned. Short of murder and rape.

I swear this is greg or his offspring.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
Here's how I'd break the trade down:

2nd line C for 2nd line C- Kane for Plekanec

D for D- Subban for Hjalmarsson

Why the f*** would Montreal trade PK Subban for Niklas Hjalmarsson?

LOL, ok, you certainly over simplified things. Kane has still massive upside.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
LOL, ok, you certainly over simplified things. Kane has still massive upside.

That's over simplifying things...how? Yes, Kane has massive upside, but Subban has Norris trophy type upside and, IIRC, he's even younger than Kane and he plays a position that the Hawks need more.

Keep in mind, Hjalmarsson is no better than a 5th defenseman. A young, really good defenseman and a 2nd line C who's only 29 for Kane and a 5th defenseman would be a steal for the Hawks. Bergevin isn't stupid.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
Updated...looks like Kane and Subban are out (if this is even true).

Plekanec and Hjalmarsson are the package starters. Also, in on Doan (which we already knew).

Needs more pepper.

If Montreal wants a pick, Hjalmarsson, and a prospect for Plekanec, the Hawks would be dumb to not make that deal. He's 29 and will put up 55+ points next year. He even had 69 and 70 in a year before.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 06:29 PM)
That's over simplifying things...how? Yes, Kane has massive upside, but Subban has Norris trophy type upside and, IIRC, he's even younger than Kane and he plays a position that the Hawks need more.

Keep in mind, Hjalmarsson is no better than a 5th defenseman. A young, really good defenseman and a 2nd line C who's only 29 for Kane and a 5th defenseman would be a steal for the Hawks. Bergevin isn't stupid.

If Montreal wants a pick, Hjalmarsson, and a prospect for Plekanec, the Hawks would be dumb to not make that deal. He's 29 and will put up 55+ points next year. He even had 69 and 70 in a year before.

I'm not sure where you think that would be a steal for the Hawks. So much of a steal that the Hawks, in theory, were trying to get draft picks from Montreal to even out the trade.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
You said Kane = Plekanec. Case closed.

Indeed, case closed. Oversimplified, but also incorrect.

Since when is Kane a 2nd line center? First off he's not a center, second of all he's more of a 1st line winger than a 2nd line winger.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
You said Kane = Plekanec. Case closed.

Show me where I said "Kane = Plekanec."

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 10, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
I'm not sure where you think that would be a steal for the Hawks. So much of a steal that the Hawks, in theory, were trying to get draft picks from Montreal to even out the trade.

Indeed, case closed. Oversimplified, but also incorrect.

Since when is Kane a 2nd line center? First off he's not a center, second of all he's more of a 1st line winger than a 2nd line winger.

Since he played there last year.