Projected Starters for Sox games

pettie4sox

Not sure if this topic belongs here so I'll let the admins do with it what they want accordingly.

I am trying to buy tickets for the Sox-Rangers series coming up but I want to know specifically when Yu Darvish is pitching. Is there information for this anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

With the series being over a week away you won't find anywhere official at this point. Your best bet is to just look at the Rangers schedule and map their rotation out

Right now ESPN lists:

22-Oswalt

23-Lewis

24-Harrison

25-Feldman

26-Darvish

Which leaves

27-Oswalt

28-Lewis

29-Harrison

30-Feldman

1-Darvish

So Darvish would miss the Sox

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
So you're not buying Sox tickets because they won't be facing Darvish?

I do not think this premise is that unreasonable. I will not pay to see the Sox again this year with Floyd or Humber pitching. I would go to Wrigley late this year to see Strasburg pitch but would never pay money to go see the Nationals vs Cubs with a different starter going. I'd still go to the Rangers series though but I do understand the point.

Only going to Wrigley to see Strasburg is different, since you aren't a fan of either the Cubs or Nats. OP has 116 posts here in a little under a year so I'm assuming he's a Sox fan.

I can understand wanting to avoid Floyd or Humber, but at least one of Sale, Peavy, or Quintana pitches every series, and if that plus Dunn, Konerko, and AJ aren't enough to get you to the park and you need a specific player from an opponent, then you really aren't much of a Sox fan.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
Only going to Wrigley to see Strasburg is different, since you aren't a fan of either the Cubs or Nats. OP has 116 posts here in a little under a year so I'm assuming he's a Sox fan.

I can understand wanting to avoid Floyd or Humber, but at least one of Sale, Peavy, or Quintana pitches every series, and if that plus Dunn, Konerko, and AJ aren't enough to get you to the park and you need a specific player from an opponent, then you really aren't much of a Sox fan.

I disagree...if you are a Sox fan and you want to go to a game, then go to a game. You never know what's going to happen, even if you are a walk-up. Go to the game pettie. Enjoy the time there, grab a brat and a Leinie's or Lite and enjoy a beautiful Chicago summer with some baseball on the side.

I guess I meant that I can understand wanting to avoid Floyd or Humber if you are flexible about your dates and choose to see one of the other starters.

If you live out of town, like me, and are only in town on certain days, then I'm going to the game no matter who is pitching. I have gotten lucky, though, getting Sale for my first game and it looks like Quintana for my second one.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)

I'm pretty sure it's his choice to pay to see whoever he wants and that has no bearing on his fandom. By your logic you should be attending every home game.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
I'm going to Fiers vs Quintana Sunday because it's a great day for a game.

Besides, if the pitching is bad, the offense is usually good.

Yeah I am free Friday and Sunday and decided on Friday. Sunday should be good though, especially with the celebration of the 1972 team.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
I'm pretty sure it's his choice to pay to see whoever he wants and that has no bearing on his fandom. By your logic you should be attending every home game.

He can send me all the White Sox memorabilia and buy Rangers'. OP said he will watch the game on TV because Darvish is not scheduled to pitch.

It is definitely his choice, but how does it not have bearing on his fandom? You call yourself a White Sox fan?

I thought this topic would be closed or moved by now. Yes I am SOX fan but I like to see spectacular pitchers when given the opportunity to do so. I have lived in Japan in the past and watched Darvish play but now that he's in the MLB it would be nice to watch him in person again. I have a lot of Japanese friends that if he were pitching would like to go to the ballpark. Since he's not, I rather not watch the SOX get KOed by a superior Rangers team without a good reason.

For the record, I would hope that the SOX would crush him if he were pitching in that series.

Not sure why my allegiance is being questioned here but to each their own.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 01:11 AM)
I thought this topic would be closed or moved by now. Yes I am SOX fan but I like to see spectacular pitchers when given the opportunity to do so. I have lived in Japan in the past and watched Darvish play but now that he's in the MLB it would be nice to watch him in person again. I have a lot of Japanese friends that if he were pitching would like to go to the ballpark. Since he's not, I rather not watch the SOX get KOed by a superior Rangers team without a good reason.

For the record, I would hope that the SOX would crush him if he were pitching in that series.

No worries, I was actually thinking that there must be some kind of connection to Darwish, anyhow.. the Sox have this Chris Sale guy, I heard he's pretty good. Cheers.

Potential Cy Young (Sale) vs potential MVP (Hamilton) isn't enough reason for a Sox fan to go to the game?

This kind of attitude is why Darvish pitches for Texas and not the Sox.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
He can send me all the White Sox memorabilia and buy Rangers'. OP said he will watch the game on TV because Darvish is not scheduled to pitch.

It is definitely his choice, but how does it not have bearing on his fandom? You call yourself a White Sox fan?

Yes I do call my self a White Sox fan. Guaranteed more so than you and it doesn't have to do with whether I sit at the game or watch it religiously at home. It has absolutely no bearing on his fandom. What if Pettie4sox is a Japanese Amercian without a lot of money here in the U.S. He might feel compelled to pay the money even though he doesn't have a lot of it to go watch him pitch against the White Sox. But if he's not pitching, he'll just save his money.