AAP Eric Grabe

QUOTE (floridafan @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 08:03 AM)
Eric received his notification in the mail today to report to Early Spring Training, February 21st.

I am fairly certain that having him report a couple weeks earlier than the majority of the other minor leaguers is a Very Good sign!

Of course it could be standard operating procedure as well.

It seems there are multiple waves coming in at different times. There are some minor league players going in January - for some sort of extra development. Then there is the early MiLB crowd, which apparently Eric is in. Then there is the "normal" minor league report time a week or two after that. I'm not sure if the various different early report times are for development, rehab, scouting or other purposes - could be a combination of all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 14, 2013 -> 08:43 AM)
It seems there are multiple waves coming in at different times. There are some minor league players going in January - for some sort of extra development. Then there is the early MiLB crowd, which apparently Eric is in. Then there is the "normal" minor league report time a week or two after that. I'm not sure if the various different early report times are for development, rehab, scouting or other purposes - could be a combination of all.

Thank you for the heads up! I was not sure what if any significance was related to reporting in February. Previously we were under the impression that he would not be reporting until March. It's a good thing he has been in training these past several of weeks!

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 03:14 PM)
There'd be something very "meta" about floridafan were he to go and participate in the "Adopt-a-Prospect" forum.

Or shall we say, it'd be redundant were he to do so

I am not sure what you are trying to say. But if it is a problem with folks that I update my sons progress and/or setbacks I will stop. I don't want to make any waves for anyone, especially my son.

QUOTE (floridafan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
I am not sure what you are trying to say. But if it is a problem with folks that I update my sons progress and/or setbacks I will stop. I don't want to make any waves for anyone, especially my son.

Oh its not problem at all. In fact, it's a blessing. He was just saying that it's ironic that you are adopting your own son on the forum.

It's been a while since we've seen this kind of depth and detail of a prospect's progress, and I don't think any of them hit like Eric did, even if it was only rookie ball. The odds are against him but we're rooting for him all the same and greatly appreciate any and all updates.

QUOTE (floridafan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)

We have an "Adopt-a-Prospect" section of the message board, where any poster who wants to 'adopts' a prospect and just tracks their progress.

and I just thought it'd be funny if the actual father of a prospect ACTUALLY adopted the prospect in that part of the forum.

That's all. No malice intended(and it is really cool we have you here, keep participating!)

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
We have an "Adopt-a-Prospect" section of the message board, where any poster who wants to 'adopts' a prospect and just tracks their progress.

and I just thought it'd be funny if the actual father of a prospect ACTUALLY adopted the prospect in that part of the forum.

That's all. No malice intended(and it is really cool we have you here, keep participating!)

This is the Adopt-a-Prospect forum

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)

Ok, Got Ya!

:D

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
Oh its not problem at all. In fact, it's a blessing. He was just saying that it's ironic that you are adopting your own son on the forum.

It's been a while since we've seen this kind of depth and detail of a prospect's progress, and I don't think any of them hit like Eric did, even if it was only rookie ball. The odds are against him but we're rooting for him all the same and greatly appreciate any and all updates.

Me too. The last parent I remember that we had posting was Brandon McCarthy's dad. Hopefully Grabe's career turns out like that.

I enjoy your posts, Floridafan. You better keep posting. It's really cool that a family member of a prospect gets involved here and can provide us with some real insight on that prospect and more. :gosox3: Good luck to Eric this year!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
If it meant that he was immensely successful as a major league baseball player, and signing a pretty big contract in trade for that, I bet he would take it.

I can assure you he would! He needs the big contract because he promised me a new Flats Boat about 10 years ago and a house on the beach!

I am still waiting, lol! :lol:

eric_1999.JPG

(Who Knew?!, Eric is 3rd from left kneeling in center)

Edited by floridafan

• 1 month later...

Eric is on the way to Arizona! Physical in the morning, then he gets to step out onto the field again!

He is very excited to be there and to see what he is able to accomplish this season. He set the bar mighty high, but I believe we all will be happy if he ends the year at around .330. Hopefully he will produce more extra base hits and Home Runs.

Here is a picture of Eric with a Redfish that he caught on a Mirrolure a week or so ago when he and I went out on our boat.

Eric_s_Redfish.jpg

Edited by floridafan

• 2 months later...

Eric was released from the Doctors Care, and the Trainer has allowed him to resume full activities. He threw on the field yesterday and today, and will be taking BP and grounders tomorrow. His injury was a freak accident and should not affect his play at all.

Hopefully he will be assigned in a week or two, after be has his baseball muscles back in shape.

Edited by floridafan

QUOTE (floridafan @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 07:37 PM)
Eric was released from the Doctors Care, and the Trainer has allowed him to resume full activities. He threw on the field yesterday and today, and will be taking BP and grounders tomorrow. His injury was a freak accident and should not affect his play at all.

Hopefully he will be assigned in a week or two, after be has his baseball muscles back in shape.

What was the injury?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 07:41 PM)
What was the injury?

I do not feel privileged to divulge that information... But it was VERY painful, and occurred while waiting in the on deck circle...

Edited by floridafan

• 3 weeks later...