where is that Colon is the best thread

cwsox

that thread from what, two Colon games ago that ridiculed HSC for not agreeing that Colon was simply the best period, said she failed to understand that because she was "over emotional" and said how Colon was simply the best there ever was on the staff - where is that thread these days?

that thread from what, two Colon games ago that ridiculed HSC for not agreeing that Colon was simply the best period, said she failed to understand that because she was "over emotional" and said how Colon was simply the best there ever was on the staff - where is that thread these days?

I printed out copies of it to wipe my ass with after a nice, healthy, wet deuce :bang

Why bring this thread back CW?

as a reminder to never call out another poster by name because of an opinion on a player

a reminder to never get too excited about a few games performance such that extravagent claims get made about what was then a 10-10 pitcher, especially when those claims are made to taunt another poster

a reinder to never base anything on the performace of a handful of games - Colon has pitched like s*** since he was proclaimed the messiah (at 10-10) in this thread - my point is, never get too high after any one game or games, never get too low after any one game or games, and never call out another poster over an opinion based on a few games

as a reminder to never call out another poster by name because of an opinion on a player

a reminder to never get too excited about a few games performance such that extravagent claims get made about what was then a 10-10 pitcher, especially when those claims are made to taunt another poster

a reinder to never base anything on the performace of a handful of games - Colon has pitched like s*** since he was proclaimed the messiah (at 10-10) in this thread - my point is, never get too high after any one game or games, never get too low after any one game or games, and never call out another poster over an opinion based on a few games

I think you doing this you are calling out the member that started that thread too. :huh:

I think you doing this you are calling out the member that started that thread too. :huh:

rafa, you make a good point, let me reflect on that, there is something to be said for your perspective and I had not thought of that before, let me think on it

Well Colon is now 10-11, and Buehrle is 10-12, she'll never badmouth Mark, and will always badmouth Colon. I just don't think it's fair to badmouth Colon even when he won 4 straight and had a sub 2 ERA, but not badmouth Buehrle when he started off 2-10.

Whatever though, I really don't care now

Well Colon is now 10-11, and Buehrle is 10-12, she'll never badmouth Mark, and will always badmouth Colon. I just don't think it's fair to badmouth Colon even when he won 4 straight and had a sub 2 ERA, but not badmouth Buehrle when he started off 2-10.

She won't badmouth MB because she personally knows his parents and has become great friends with them.

She won't badmouth MB because she personally knows his parents and has become great friends with them.

So she's biased is what you're saying. HSC biased? Nahhhh. :rolleyes:

Look at the stats, Mark and Bart are having almost the exact same season. The biggest difference is the team plays much better defense when Bart is pitching. Earned runs are almost even 85-83 Total runs are 86-100.

Look at the stats, Mark and Bart are having almost the exact same season. The biggest difference is the team plays much better defense when Bart is pitching. Earned runs are almost even 85-83 Total runs are 86-100.

That is VERY surprising, since MB works so fast. I've always heard people say that the guys who work fast on the mound keep the defense on their toes and alert, and therefore play better D. Makes sense to me, but it doesn't hold true here. :huh:

That is VERY surprising, since MB works so fast.  I've always heard people say that the guys who work fast on the mound keep the defense on their toes and alert, and therefore play better D.  Makes sense to me, but it doesn't hold true here. :huh:

Part of the answer, and probably only a small part, is Bart strikes out more batters. Less balls in play, less chance for errors.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok so not to bring up old news but someone told me i should check this out cause it happened while i was gone.....

my dislike for bartolo is simply this..... he does things when he FEELS like doing them.....just because hes a household name doesnt make him the best pitcher on the mound....i wont bash marks crap start because i know what hes capable of and how hard he works to get the results he gets.....bart on the other hand does not put the same efforts into his work......yeah sure he won 20 games but that was not in a sox uniform....mark has worked hard for us since he came up and continues to do so, and will be around much longer than bart will on this team.... hes made a nice comeback from the crap start and has caught up to bart stats wise......not many guys can do the same......personal ties have nothing to do with it as heather thinks....for me its all about work ethic and bart simply lacks in that department.......

Naaa.. it's about how the player works and produces. Knowing them means nothing in relation to feelings towards Mark.

Guest hotsoxchick1

Naaa.. it's about how the player works and produces. Knowing them means nothing in relation to feelings towards Mark.

exactly.. isnt that what i kinda said??? or are you mocking me???? lol.......

exactly.. isnt that what i kinda said??? or are you mocking me???? lol.......

Sorry Michelle.. I didn't see your reply when I replied.

Guest Ncorgbl
ok so not to bring up old news but someone told me i should check this out cause it happened while i was gone.....

my dislike for bartolo is simply this..... he does things when he FEELS like doing them.....just because hes a household name doesnt make him the best pitcher on the mound....i wont bash marks crap start because i know what hes capable of and how hard he works to get the results he gets.....bart on the other hand does not put the same efforts into his work......yeah sure he won 20 games but that was not in a sox uniform....mark has worked hard for us since he came up and continues to do so, and will be around much longer than bart will on this team.... hes made a nice comeback from the crap start and has caught up to bart stats wise......not many guys can do the same......personal ties have nothing to do with it as heather thinks....for  me its all about work ethic and bart simply lacks in that department.......

Precisely, EFFORT. Or lack thereof.

Buehrle makes the effot, even when he was off on his lousy start, it was not because he didn't step up.

Colon does not step up unless it's in his best interest, not the team's. The 'tub o' goo' had better make an effort tonight, this franchise is about to turn on him.

And how do you know that Bartolo only pitches when he feels like it? Did he tell you that specifically?

I'm sorry, but I just can't believe that a pitcher will not try his hardest until he sees his other teammates are trying to win.....especially in a pennant race. I might buy that theory if we were 20 games out, but not in this situation.

Hopefully Bartolo will have his "A" game going tonight but if not, I'm not going to assume that it's just because he didn't feel like pitching well. Even great pitchers have "off" games every now and then.

my dislike for bartolo is simply this..... he does things when he FEELS like doing them.....just because hes a household name doesnt make him the best pitcher on the mound....i wont bash marks crap start because i know what hes capable of and how hard he works to get the results he gets.....bart on the other hand does not put the same efforts into his work......yeah sure he won 20 games but that was not in a sox uniform....mark has worked hard for us since he came up and continues to do so, and will be around much longer than bart will on this team.... hes made a nice comeback from the crap start and has caught up to bart stats wise......not many guys can do the same......personal ties have nothing to do with it as heather thinks....for  me its all about work ethic and bart simply lacks in that department.......

Precisely, EFFORT. Or lack thereof.

Buehrle makes the effot, even when he was off on his lousy start, it was not because he didn't step up.

Colon does not step up unless it's in his best interest, not the team's. The 'tub o' goo' had better make an effort tonight, this franchise is about to turn on him.

Exaclty right, I think Colon needs to make a statement tonight. We can't have him winning 4 straight games looking like an ace and then losing 4 straight with the fans calling for his head and telling him to stop eating cheeseburgers.

:whip

Guest Ncorgbl
I'm sorry, but I just can't believe that a pitcher will not try his hardest until he sees his other teammates are trying to win.....especially in a pennant race.  I might buy that theory if we were 20 games out, but not in this situation.

No, not me specifically, he puts on that he doesn't speak english when I'm around.

However, he was quoted in the Sun-Times, and I posted that here in one of the 'tub o' goo' posts that he waits to see if his teammates show up, then it's time to show 'who he is'.

That quote, coupled with his performances have me on his back. The 'workhorse' getting tired after 97 pitches in the cUB game, a series that every player knew was important to the fans, convinced me he is a bum who does not wat to pitch for us.

I'm born and raised in Chicago. You don't want me? I don't want you more.

f*** that 'tub o' goo'.