Oakland A's @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 02:41 AM)
Danks doesn't have a strike out problem from what little I've seen of him though, he usually manages to put the bat on the ball. I'd just let him swing

It's such a weak swing though. Seems very prone to popping it up to center due to very little torque on his swing. I am confident in saying that in a pennant race, you better not try and play him and Viciedo at the same time for a week. That would seem like a foolish plan.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
It's such a weak swing though. Seems very prone to popping it up to center due to very little torque on his swing.

You wonder how he hit for all that power in AAA this year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 02:43 AM)
You wonder how he hit for all that power in AAA this year.

Well, it is the same league where Dan Johnson has an OPS over .900 :)

Dan Johnson's performance against righties this year has been fantastic. 1.023 OPS with 18 more walks than strikeouts. Give him a try KW!

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
Absolutely, especially if they're not going to try and get some more offense into Konerko's spot for the next week. Danks is nothing more than a late inning defensive replacement.

I don't know what they should do honestly. Feels like a lot of bad options all around right now. I don't want to see Morel back up unless they get rid of Hudson or Olmedo.