Playoff Tickets Thread

schien4

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:17 PM)
Your money is fully refunded back to your credit card so you are not out of pocket. The Sox are covering the basis to allow everyone to have the tickets they need when they need them.

Sort of. For season ticket holders, the money goes to the 2013 deposit for that year's plan. So they do indeed get a long float on that money from their season ticket holders, both for their regular seats/tickets, and all these pre-sales. And if you don't buy the post-season seats, in advance, you lose your slot for 2013 and would have to start all over in terms of seniority and seat location.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
It actually is impossible. If you are a Wild Card and win the WC game, you then do not have home field advantage for the Division Series and thus can only play two home games. Only way to play three home games in Division Series is to be a division winner with one of the two best records, in which case you aren't playing in the WC game.

Each scenario is possible...being a wildcard, or getting homefield. They are not possible, together.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Sort of. For season ticket holders, the money goes to the 2013 deposit for that year's plan. So they do indeed get a long float on that money from their season ticket holders, both for their regular seats/tickets, and all these pre-sales. And if you don't buy the post-season seats, in advance, you lose your slot for 2013 and would have to start all over in terms of seniority and seat location.

I do not think you lose your seats for 2013 if yo udo nto buy playoff but i could be wrong.

Anyway I just went back in and 3 lower deck reserved seats section 109. $840, covers next year's seven game plan already.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
I do not think you lose your seats for 2013 if yo udo nto buy playoff but i could be wrong.

Anyway I just went back in and 3 lower deck reserved seats section 109. $840, covers next year's seven game plan already.

You are wrong. In fact, not only do all the paperwork we got scream that, when you purchase the tickets online (pre-sale, or just the regular seats post-season bill), you have to seperately check a box warning you that this is the case.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox

The @MLB Postseason is scheduled to begin on Friday, 10/5, w/ ALDS games slated to start Saturday, October 6 and Sunday, October 7.

Postseason tix (fingers crossed) to potential AL Wild Card & Division Series games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale this Friday at noon!

Tix will be available at http://whitesox.com, by phone at 866-SOX-GAME and at all Ticketmaster locations.

A limit of 6 tix/person will be instituted on all sales.

yankees are up on sale if you have a mastercard.

I was thinking Reds. If the Reds advance far enough to where they are selling WS tickets and you have access to pre-sale codes, I'd try to get tickets. I'd be interested in seeing them play in the WS, even if the Sox don't make it.

QUOTE (jhonnydanks @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 12:12 PM)
was able to grab 3 bleachers for game 2 and 4 UD for game 1.

thanks for the code....beer or three on me.

I don't get it, how can they be selling tickets to games that don't exist yet? I'm not talking about if Detroit wins the division, I get that part. It looks like games 1 and 2 will be played in Yankee Stadium or Camden Yards by the standings and under 2 weeks to go.

I don't get it, how can they be selling tickets to games that don't exist yet? I'm not talking about if Detroit wins the division, I get that part. It looks like games 1 and 2 will be played in Yankee Stadium or Camden Yards by the standings and under 2 weeks to go.

This year, the team WITHOUT home field advantage plays the first two games at home, so the Sox are much more likely to be home for 1 and 2 than 3 and 4.

Also, the tickets are good for the first two home games of the series, even if they do happen to be games 3 and 4. We're all just calling them games 1 and 2 because that's what they're most likely to be.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)

Not this year. ALDS home game 3 is the one not likely to be used.

"For the 2012 Postseason only, the five-game Division Series will begin with two home games for lower seeds, followed by up to three home games for higher seeds. This one-year change, which eliminates a travel day prior to a decisive Game Five of the Division Series, was necessary because the 2012 regular season schedule was established before the agreement on the new Postseason format was reached. Next year, the Division Series will return to the 2-2-1 format used in previous years."

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Sep 21, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)

This happens every year.