"Nobody Cares About the Sox"

SouthSidePride05

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Oct 5, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
I don't expect them to ever admit that they don't care. What business ever says to potential customers "we don't need your business?" They just try to get you to buy at whatever price they are offering.

kenny and jerry use attendance as their barometer of payroll. you misread my response

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
kenny and jerry use attendance as their barometer of payroll. you misread my response

Maybe I'm still not reading you right. Why would they use attendance as their barometer instead of revenue, since (my assumption is that) attendance makes up a smaller percentage of overall revenue than it used to.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
Maybe I'm still not reading you right. Why would they use attendance as their barometer instead of revenue, since (my assumption is that) attendance makes up a smaller percentage of overall revenue than it used to.
that's the way the sox set their budget. both kenny and jerry have said this to the press. player payroll is determined by the ticket revenue.

I don't think ticket revenue is the sole form of player payroll, but the sox are a break even business. he must be using tv and online money to finance the other parts of the org. remember, the sox have little debt to service. some teams are swimming in debt. look at the rangers, who listed a-rod as a creditor for 25 million dollars when they were in bankruptcy.