Hamas and Israel

StrangeSox

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
So it looks like another Gaza war might be breaking out.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/15/world/meast/....html?hpt=hp_c1

The IDF and Hamas are trolling each other on Twitter. It is bizarre.

https://twitter.com/IDFSpokesperson

https://twitter.com/AlqassamBrigade

Yeah, looks like it could get hardcore again, unfortunately.

The stuff on twitter is a bit mad alright. Egyptian delegation due to visit Gaza tomorrow.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 15, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
Sink that part of the world into the ocean. It's been nothing but trouble for, what, 5000 years? They're clearly never ironing out their differences. f*** 'em both.

Then the argument would be, "Alright, which nation gets to push the button that sends them to sleep with the fishes?"

It never ends.

This stuff is crazy, but Israel does have reason to defend itself. I wouldnt expect the US to stay put if Mexico shot hundreds of rockets into San Diego. The only thing is that our military and the Israeli military play by much different rules. Especially since they are dealing with people that they are openly not fond of, this can escalate into something really ugly since Israel is surrounded by people that want to get rid of them.

As someone who is Jewish, this whole situation concerns me.

The Muslim extremists will stop at nothing to kill Israelis and destroy the entire Jewish race there. Meanwhile, you have the stubborn Israelis who refuse to give up any land. It's just a bad situation, where no one is right.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
As someone who is Jewish, this whole situation concerns me.

The Muslim extremists will stop at nothing to kill Israelis and destroy the entire Jewish race there. Meanwhile, you have the stubborn Israelis who refuse to give up any land. It's just a bad situation, where no one is right.

With respect to Gaza, there are no Israelis occupying that land, right?

The IDF twitter feed is unlike anything ive ever seen in my life. Pretty much a blow by blow recap of the severe ass kicking they are handing Hamas, and its all under an official capacity. Oh and why is Verizon Wireless listed as a twitter account similar to the IDF twitter account?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
Didn't Israel have a stance where they said they'd bomb everyone in their region if they ever got hit with a nuke? If so, anyone know the name of the policy?

mutually assured destruction?

only semi-joking

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
Didn't Israel have a stance where they said they'd bomb everyone in their region if they ever got hit with a nuke? If so, anyone know the name of the policy?

A nuke, if a big one, would destroy a significant amount of the country. Would make it very hard to respond, depending on where it hit. But yeah, if that ever happened, they would go bonkers militarily, I am sure.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 07:14 PM)
But they had the US as an ally then, not so much anymore.

LOL

From just a few minutes ago.

@pdanahar

There really is an awful lot of artillery fire coming into #Gaza at moment from #Israel Sometimes more than 10 rounds in one burst of fire

They need to get that ceasefire done.

Edited by GoSox05