Shirek heading to Korea

Tdog32

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
Seems like an odd move. He was added to the 40-man roster, which he'd have to think meant he had a decent shot of seeing the majors this year. Well, good luck Charlie! 40-man goes down by 1 if this is true.

Very odd move. I have been to both Seoul and Charlotte, and I'll take Charlotte. He must think that a year over there will do more for his career than a year in AAA. Of course, I have no idea about the money over there...

QUOTE (oldsox @ Dec 8, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
Very odd move. I have been to both Seoul and Charlotte, and I'll take Charlotte. He must think that a year over there will do more for his career than a year in AAA. Of course, I have no idea about the money over there...

Money is way better in Asia. He could be making 10X's what he is making here.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 01:07 AM)
No official word on this yet? I haven't seen anything and he's still on the 40-Man.

I don't know who TDog is but he has posted minor league news (I think promotion-type stuff) before it was reported by the media. He knows his stuff. He could even be a minor league player.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 07:53 AM)
I don't know who TDog is but he has posted minor league news (I think promotion-type stuff) before it was reported by the media. He knows his stuff. He could even be a minor league player.

I'll echo this. TDog has shown multiple times before to be in the know, specifically about Charlotte players.

That said, FS is trying to get confirmation via the Knights, but haven't heard back yet.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 07:53 AM)

Yeah, the guy is batting 1.000 when it comes to moves from Charlotte. He would tell us the pitching being called up before anyone else had any idea.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 01:07 AM)
No official word on this yet? I haven't seen anything and he's still on the 40-Man.

Bam.

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN

#WhiteSox have requested unconditional waivers on pitcher Charlie Shirek, "so he may pursue opportunities in Asia;" 40-man is down to 38.