5/30 Games

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 30, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?s...mp;ymd=20130530

Kannapolis finishing up a suspended game from earlier this season.

Olacio is listed a 6'7 270 and is 19 years old.

Good Lord.

Johnson 3/3 and now hitting .335 with a SB and CS. And meanwhile DeMichele is hitting a robust .210 in High-A. Woo.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

Why hasn't Micah Johnson moved up on the prospect list?

Why hasn't he been promoted to the next level?

He looks like the future lead off hitter and second baseman for the Sox.

What will they do with Sanchez, if he gets back on track? Some have suggested that he could handle SS.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 31, 2013 -> 06:39 AM)
be interested to see if Micah Johnson makes the Baseball America Friday Prospect Hot Sheet today.

They have a strong track record of ignoring Sox prospects.

Believe that Phegley and Erik Johnson the only two to get recognized this season.

I think Beck was in the "team picture" once. But really, we do not have many prospects having good seasons, so its probably justified.

QUOTE (Lillian @ May 31, 2013 -> 06:10 AM)
Why hasn't Micah Johnson moved up on the prospect list?

Why hasn't he been promoted to the next level?

He looks like the future lead off hitter and second baseman for the Sox.

What will they do with Sanchez, if he gets back on track? Some have suggested that he could handle SS.

He has, but no one is publishing new lists right now.

He will be, probably soon, but there is a 2B ahead of him that the org likes a lot. Not saying that is a GOOD reason necessarily, but, that is a reason.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. That would be great, and it is possible, but still a LONG stretch from A ball.

Sanchez handles 2B very well defensively, but reports from SS range from below average to above average, so it is really hard to say. Right now, moving him positionally is probably not a good idea, as it distracts from the key element for him at the moment, which is getting the bat back.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 31, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
He has, but no one is publishing new lists right now.

He will be, probably soon, but there is a 2B ahead of him that the org likes a lot. Not saying that is a GOOD reason necessarily, but, that is a reason.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. That would be great, and it is possible, but still a LONG stretch from A ball.

Sanchez handles 2B very well defensively, but reports from SS range from below average to above average, so it is really hard to say. Right now, moving him positionally is probably not a good idea, as it distracts from the key element for him at the moment, which is getting the bat back.

I am going to guess that Micah moves to the OF before any of the 2nd basemen ahead of him move to another position. He has made a lot of errors, that speed would be nice in the OF. I am also going to say that out of Mitchell, Thompson, Walker and Hawkins, likely only Thompson makes the big leagues and he will not be an impact player. So there should be room for this kid in LF.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ May 31, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
I am going to guess that Micah moves to the OF before any of the 2nd basemen ahead of him move to another position. He has made a lot of errors, that speed would be nice in the OF. I am also going to say that out of Mitchell, Thompson, Walker and Hawkins, likely only Thompson makes the big leagues and he will not be an impact player. So there should be room for this kid in LF.

Maybe, but the iron hands might be fixable. He's got speed and range, I've seen reports of him making spectacular plays... but I've also seen someone watching the games mention he tries to make big plays a little too hard. calming down a bit may help.

And his bat/speed combo may not play as well in the OF.

Finally, those other OF's may not make it, but they aren't going to be benched in favor of Micah any time soon.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 31, 2013 -> 09:03 PM)
Maybe, but the iron hands might be fixable. He's got speed and range, I've seen reports of him making spectacular plays... but I've also seen someone watching the games mention he tries to make big plays a little too hard. calming down a bit may help.

And his bat/speed combo may not play as well in the OF.

Finally, those other OF's may not make it, but they aren't going to be benched in favor of Micah any time soon.

Makes some sense, and I do realize the Sox mgmt would not own up to removing those OFs from the equation sooner than later.

I do disagree with your bat/speed combo. Micah is already showing he has pop of his own with the bat, and someone like a Tim Raines would look real good in LF for a long time. He has a long ways to go, but I give him a chance. We need a prototype leadoff hitter and this kid could be that eventually, has the eye, has the wheels and has some pop to his bat as well.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ May 31, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
Makes some sense, and I do realize the Sox mgmt would not own up to removing those OFs from the equation sooner than later.

I do disagree with your bat/speed combo. Micah is already showing he has pop of his own with the bat, and someone like a Tim Raines would look real good in LF for a long time. He has a long ways to go, but I give him a chance. We need a prototype leadoff hitter and this kid could be that eventually, has the eye, has the wheels and has some pop to his bat as well.

He could be that. But he's got some development time in front of him still, so I'd think they would try to help him improve in his native position first.