Top 15 ChiSox Prospects

ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
1. Hawkins

2. E. Johnson

3. Thompson

4. Anderson

5. Snodgress

6. M. Johnson

7. Barnum

8. Sanchez

9. Walker

10. Beck

11. Phegley

12. Webb

13. Danish

14. Rienzo

15. Coats

You have to start asking yourself when can you remove Hawkins from #1 status. How many more months/years of futility do you need? I'm pulling for the kid as much as anyone, but to have him listed anywhere near the top of the heap sends all credibility out the window.

Micah needs to perform at a higher level before he is that high.

Same thing for Barnum.

Walker has really hurt himself this year.

Flip Hawkins and Johnson, Put Phegley #5, Sanchez #6 and then Johnson/Barnum/Walker

That's my opinion though.

Edited by staxx

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)
You have to start asking yourself when can you remove Hawkins from #1 status. How many more months/years of futility do you need? I'm pulling for the kid as much as anyone, but to have him listed anywhere near the top of the heap sends all credibility out the window.

You are joking, right? He had a strong debut last year, has been struggling for all of two months, and yet still has the best hr/pa ratio in high a ball as a 19 year old. He has some big red flags for sure, but to NOT have him near the top of a thin system would strain all credibility.

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 02:00 AM)
You are joking, right? He had a strong debut last year, has been struggling for all of two months, and yet still has the best hr/pa ratio in high a ball as a 19 year old. He has some big red flags for sure, but to NOT have him near the top of a thin system would strain all credibility.

I'm with you...you could make a case for having him at the top. He definitely shows some potential, but has his fair share of weaknesses too.

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 01:00 AM)

I am not joking. I wish I were. So I'll ask you the same question: How much more do you have to see to remove him from the top? I wish I knew what to do with Hawkins. What happens if we send him down to Kanny, and he continues like this? It's like he went from prospect to project in 2-3 months.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)
1. Hawkins

2. E. Johnson

3. Thompson

4. Anderson

5. Snodgress

6. M. Johnson

7. Barnum

8. Sanchez

9. Walker

10. Beck

11. Phegley

12. Webb

13. Danish

14. Rienzo

15. Coats

IMO, this is the deepest a list of this sort has looked in recent memory.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 09:10 AM)
IMO, this is the deepest a list of this sort has looked in recent memory.

Agreed, huge improvements from our last two,three draft classes and recent international signings, our trade acquisitions are still very weak though (Castro, Molina, Marinez)

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 09:26 PM)
I don't think you can defend putting Walker in the top 10 at this point.

One thing people are forgetting on Walker is he had major shoulder surgery and knee surgery during the offseason. Rehabbing two big injuries is asking a lot and to his credit he came back very quick. The smart thing the organization maybe should of done was rehab that shoulder more. Look what is happening with Kemp/Dodgers same thing. He rushed back and his shoulder is no where near 100%. I still like Walker, but I think expectations should be low this year due to these injuries. Now if he plays like this next year, then we have a problem.

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jun 23, 2013 -> 04:04 PM)
One thing people are forgetting on Walker is he had major shoulder surgery and knee surgery during the offseason. Rehabbing two big injuries is asking a lot and to his credit he came back very quick. The smart thing the organization maybe should of done was rehab that shoulder more. Look what is happening with Kemp/Dodgers same thing. He rushed back and his shoulder is no where near 100%. I still like Walker, but I think expectations should be low this year due to these injuries. Now if he plays like this next year, then we have a problem.

Walker might be a great kid, but he was drafted way too high. He does not justify a draft pick in the mid-forties. His skill level prob justified a pick in rounds 3-5. I have always blasted the Sox for signing Dunn and giving up a first round pick, but they would have screwed that up, too.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)

Hawkins is still the White Sox's most talented prospect, and the most talented position prospect that they had in a while. Yes, he is not having a good year at the plate but keep in mind that he is one year out of high school playing in High-A ball, he's gone from playing maybe two games a week to playing everyday, and he's playing against people with more experience than him. (I think that he should be in Kannapolis) It's understandable that he is struggling at the plate, and even with his struggles he's managed to hit 13 home runs. The talent is there and his ceiling is incredibly high, he just needs the experience.