2013-2014 NHL thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 13, 2014 -> 10:45 PM)
So Hawks win this on some BS goal in OT, right? Get outplayed, 100% deserve to lose, goalie saves your ass, some fluke ass s*** wins it. If I'm a Wild fan, that's all I can think about right now.

#littlehurtcoffeetime

So yeah, I made the mistake of watching the 3rd period on in bed and may have missed the Kaner goal. #lifeishardat31

Nice prediction though! Bring on a Southern Cal team and more post 8:00 puck drops!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2014 -> 05:22 AM)
If I still gave a s***, today Flapship would have some article about when it actually makes sense to chant the opposing goaltenders' names. When they are dominating the f*** out of your team is not the time to chant their names.

You'd think fans in Minnesota would be less dumb. Then again, they do live in Minnesota, which is dumb.

Bring on the next round and an opponent against which we can play real hockey, not this bulls*** slappy trappy garbage hockey.

For "The State of Hockey" they are pretty stupid at times. I spent 30 min arguing with a client when he told me the reason the series was so close is because the teams play the exact same style of hockey.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2014 -> 06:51 AM)
Do goalies crap themselves when they see Kane coming at them in space with the puck?

I would. I would just start screaming and throw my gloves at him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2014 -> 02:56 PM)
For "The State of Hockey" they are pretty stupid at times. I spent 30 min arguing with a client when he told me the reason the series was so close is because the teams play the exact same style of hockey.

I'm going to blame STL for this. Those fans are obsessed with themselves and still think the 92 playoffs or whenever the "Belfour" thing happened and wanted to recreate it. I'm sure MN was just picking up on that.

I blame pretty much everything bad in sports on STL fans though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
I spent 30 min arguing with a client when he told me the reason the series was so close is because the teams play the exact same style of hockey.

That client's a f***ing idiot. They could not play more different styles of hockey.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
That client's a f***ing idiot. They could not play more different styles of hockey.

Overall, correct. But Q's lineup decisions, as well as watching the game, pointed to the Hawks trying to play the Wild's style of game in game 3 for sure, and a lot of 4. The speed game? The puck possession game? It didn't exist. Obviously, it didn't work and didn't make any sense.

But, I'm sure the client wasn't smart enough to bring up that in his argument, because besides those games, yeah, they are different styles.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2014 -> 06:27 AM)
So yeah, I made the mistake of watching the 3rd period on in bed and may have missed the Kaner goal. #lifeishardat31

Nice prediction though! Bring on a Southern Cal team and more post 8:00 puck drops!

Yeah, never watch in bed, that's just asking for it at that point.

Hell, I watch all OT's and any close/late 3rd period standing up.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
So between Joakim Nordstrom and Peter Regin playing well, hopefully we don't have to look at Bollig the rest of the playoffs.

I'm sorry what? Nordstrom is brutal. But you can slot Regin in. Or #freemorin.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
Do people think Shaw will actually come back or do you think he's out for playoffs?

With the Hawks, he could be deceased and they'd still call it day to day. No good information coming out. It wouldn't surprise me if he was out the whole playoffs, even if they say "day to day" and now "closer to being day to day"

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)

Apparently trapping the Hawks and taking away their possession game made them also a slappy trap team.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)

With the Hawks, he could be deceased and they'd still call it day to day. No good information coming out. It wouldn't surprise me if he was out the whole playoffs, even if they say "day to day" and now "closer to being day to day"

I'm talking gut feeling.

A yahoo article said he should be back any day now, and I thought how in the hell would they know. I think 75% he's out for playoffs 20% he's back for game 3-4 this series, 5% his leg was amputated out for career.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
I'm talking gut feeling.

A yahoo article said he should be back any day now, and I thought how in the hell would they know. I think 75% he's out for playoffs 20% he's back for game 3-4 this series, 5% his leg was amputated out for career.

My gut feeling says no, it's a fairly significant injury we'll learn about after the season, but for now they'll just keep saying day to day because maybe there's a small chance he can dress at some point, especially if they are playing 3 or 4 weeks from now. Unless I missed something, I haven't seen where he's been skating at all. Maybe really late this series or praying to have him ready enough to play in the SCF if they get there?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 14, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
My gut feeling says no, it's a fairly significant injury we'll learn about after the season, but for now they'll just keep saying day to day because maybe there's a small chance he can dress at some point, especially if they are playing 3 or 4 weeks from now. Unless I missed something, I haven't seen where he's been skating at all. Maybe really late this series or praying to have him ready enough to play in the SCF if they get there?

Keep an eye out for his jeep in the west loop and see how he's walking. He drives a black wrangler unlimited, loves that starbucks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
Keep an eye out for his jeep in the west loop and see how he's walking. He drives a black wrangler unlimited, loves that starbucks.

Or keep an eye out for wheelchairs rolling down Madison.

But yeah, could really use him back. Figuring out who to dress for the last 4ish forwards has been a disaster, especially when they can't be trusted to eat up minutes. Going against the LA Kings for the Anaheim Ducks of LA, you can't really get away with playing 2.5 lines for a a lot of the game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)

I thought Nordstrom was fine last night for the 7 minutes he played.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 14, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
I'm talking gut feeling.

Has he even started skating at all in practice? Until then, I'm not getting my hopes up.