7.20 Games

bighurt4life

I do believe we will see Semien make fangraphs fringe 5 again, tonight he is 0/1 with 2 BB. I would love to see him pushed up to AAA in the near future and make an appearance at the AFL. We could have a great looking top of the order hitter in him and he is age appropriate, question is can he handle SS? I see he is playing 3B tonight. Lastly his BABIP(.299) is 18 points below his career average. Marcus is hitting .268 down at AA and holding his own.

Bristol Catchers:

Nick Parent: Has a hat trick in 3 of the past 4 games, with his batting average dropping to .116.

Zach Stoner: Hitting .190 after a 1-for-3, 2 K day.

Angel Rosario: Went 0-for-2 with a walk yesterday, and struck out in his one at bat on Thursday. They tried him in Kanny, but he went 2-for-22 and was sent back down.

Sammy Ayala: Swinging the bat well lately, and is hitting .270.

If a Bristol catcher was going to be promoted to Kanny, I would think that it would be Ayala, right?

Parent hasn't done much of anything and Stoner has struggled too. Rosario has shown that he can't perform yet at Kanny.

There may be a bit of concern with Ayala's receiving ability. He's thrown runners out at a solid rate, but he averages a bit less than 1 passed ball per game.

Sure, you can argue we don't have a large enough sample size, but with runners in scoring position, Parent is 1-for-14, Stoner is 0-for-12, and Ayala is 4-for-12.

Additionally, it's hard to justify calling up a guy hitting below the Mendoza line over a guy hitting .270.

Edited by jthunder93