ARod suspended for entire 2014 season

Balta1701

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 10:10 AM)
Missed in all of the Dempster/Arod stuff...

Dave Gallagher ‏@DaveGallagher22 2h

That is a first in my mind. Yankee pitchers not retaliating an obvious intentional HBP by Dempster speaks volumes.

I think it is coming in another game. Girardi clearly was screaming "somebody is going to get hit" as he was leaving the field last night. No reason getting anyone suspended. Save it so you can get revenge and then have the warning issued.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question...if answered in previous posts, my apologies...

Why do the Yankees keep playing Rodriguez? I understand they can't cut him without responsibility for money owed. And I believe there's a certain clause that doesn't allow teams to demote players with a certain amount of service to the minors. So I concede that if healthy, he takes a 25-man roster slot. If I'm Cashman, though, I'd take my shot by telling Girardi he will play with 24 until Sept. 1 when rosters are expanded and tell Rodriguez that while he's an "on paper" member of the New York Yankees, he is no longer welcome in the clubhouse or dugout. I'd guess the goodwill created by such leadership would far outweigh any negative that comes by playing a man down. If contractual language doesn't allow banning him from the team, I'd tell Girardi he may not play him under any circumstances.

Why do the Yankees keep playing Rodriguez? I understand they can't cut him without responsibility for money owed. And I believe there's a certain clause that doesn't allow teams to demote players with a certain amount of service to the minors. So I concede that if healthy, he takes a 25-man roster slot. If I'm Cashman, though, I'd take my shot by telling Girardi he will play with 24 until Sept. 1 when rosters are expanded and tell Rodriguez that while he's an "on paper" member of the New York Yankees, he is no longer welcome in the clubhouse or dugout. I'd guess the goodwill created by such leadership would far outweigh any negative that comes by playing a man down. If contractual language doesn't allow banning him from the team, I'd tell Girardi he may not play him under any circumstances.

ARod and the players union would easily win a grievance against the Yankees for refusing to play him.

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)

Cashman needs to win ball games and make the playoffs in New York. When A-Rod was injured, these are the players that started games at 3B and their OPS on the season.

Jayson Nix - .592 OPS - 28 games

David Adams - .528 OPS - 29 games

kevin Youkilis - .648 OPS - 20 games

Luis Cruz - .424 OPS - 10 games

Chris Nelson - .521 OPS - 9 games

Brent Lillibridge - .394 OPS - 8 games

Alberto Gonzalez - .382 OPS - 5 games

Clubhouse be damned, they are a lot better team with A-Rod in the lineup, PEDs or not. If he's on the roster, Cashman has no choice but to play him for his own sake.

Why is there so much hatred on ARod?

I get the cheating, but holy cow, ESPN is covering his every move. Callers into radio shows seem to want this guys head.

I don't see this much hatred towards any other player that is currently playing that has tested positive. I don't remember Manny getting near this level of attention.

Mike and Mike had an interesting point. If he accepted his suspension and sat this year out, it would probably blow over, just like it will with all these other players that just accepted theirs.

And the Yankees have 0 room to talk. If I remember correctly, Giambi admitted using steroids, and then Yankees fans cheered him when he came back.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 01:32 PM)
ARod and the players union would easily win a grievance against the Yankees for refusing to play him.

I have to believe that his statements about the franchise trying to hurt him yesterday would help the team's cause if they wanted to put him on an inactive list of some sort.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 12:45 PM)
Why is there so much hatred on ARod?

I get the cheating, but holy cow, ESPN is covering his every move. Callers into radio shows seem to want this guys head.

I don't see this much hatred towards any other player that is currently playing that has tested positive. I don't remember Manny getting near this level of attention.

Mike and Mike had an interesting point. If he accepted his suspension and sat this year out, it would probably blow over, just like it will with all these other players that just accepted theirs.

And the Yankees have 0 room to talk. If I remember correctly, Giambi admitted using steroids, and then Yankees fans cheered him when he came back.

I quit reading after the first sentence.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
I think it is coming in another game. Girardi clearly was screaming "somebody is going to get hit" as he was leaving the field last night. No reason getting anyone suspended. Save it so you can get revenge and then have the warning issued.

I saw that too, and laughed out loud.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)

That was right after he pointed at Dempster and yelled "That's bulls***, you f***ing p****!".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)

Arod folded.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 4m

A-Rod attorney says they will NOT permit #MLB to release PED investigative records on #ARod. #Yankees. http://usat.ly/161cIh4

I actually find Ryan Braun more detestable than A-Rod. Bruan is a steaming pile of malicious s***. A-Rod is a blundering, blustering narcissist, trapped by his own neurosis. Neither is particularly sympathetic but at least A-Rod's s***tiness can be viewed on the surface, Braun is rotten to the core but hides behind those big doe eyes. f***er.

Yeah, Braun accused the drug test sample collector of being a Cubs fan. That's clearly crossing the line.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Yeah, Braun accused the drug test sample collector of being a Cubs fan. That's clearly crossing the line.

He also accused the collector of being anti-Semitic.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
Arod folded.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 4m

A-Rod attorney says they will NOT permit #MLB to release PED investigative records on #ARod. #Yankees. http://usat.ly/161cIh4

This just keeps getting better.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 3m

MLB VP Rob Manfred invites #Arod to ask union for permission: We are more than happy to add a signature line for the MLBPA to my letter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 11:10 AM)
Missed in all of the Dempster/Arod stuff...

Dave Gallagher ‏@DaveGallagher22 2h

That is a first in my mind. Yankee pitchers not retaliating an obvious intentional HBP by Dempster speaks volumes.

Sounds like Gallagher trying to make a story out of thin air.

Yankees are trying to get in the playoffs. It will happen, just not the time last night.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
Sounds like Gallagher trying to make a story out of thin air.

Yankees are trying to get in the playoffs. It will happen, just not the time last night.

I have heard that said about pitchers before. The one that comes to mind was Jeff Weaver when he was with Detroit. None of his teammates liked him, so no one backed him up after a similar beanball incident.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
Next report is apparently that ARoids legal team prepared to file a malpractice suit against the Yankee team doctor.

I have no idea how there is no clause allowing te Yankees to suspend guys when they file lawsuits against the organization.

I'm sure this is his strategy to keep from getting his contract voided, and then to use when it does get voided. They will spin it as some sort of retaliation against him and that is why they are trying to void the deal. It is smart in a dirty evil bastard kind of way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
I have heard that said about pitchers before. The one that comes to mind was Jeff Weaver when he was with Detroit. None of his teammates liked him, so no one backed him up after a similar beanball incident.

Weaver was a beanball machine. I'm sure his teammates got tired of getting drilled because Weaver was drilling opponents.