Pito Abreu

Cubano

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 1, 2013 -> 12:27 PM)
I don't speak Spanish, but I can only assume that this post is freaking out about the Bulls.

Welcome, Cuban. Stay up (I'm assuming "Keep") Abreu jersey becomes a star.

We are missing your opinions and your knowledge here. I hope your start writing again.

ITS CALLED A TRANSLATOR STEVE

We have a 28 year old catcher with pop and below the league batting average. Our league has been an offensive league. Catchers needs to establish rapport with pitchers and being able to go over the game plan. He does not speak English. He has a good arm. If he had come much younger, I would have said yes. After he signs, I might add another comment on him.

Jake is just being nice to me. He did not write anything inappropriate.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Oct 31, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
These players are good, but I always wondered what the Cuban team I remember could have done in the ML. Lourdes Gourriel, Orestes Kinderlain and El Niño linares were something.

They were product of the aluminum bat era and a lesser international quality competition except the USA college teams and San Juan Senators game. The new guys have played with wooden bats only and against better competition. Not saying old guys were bad...

Edited by Cubano

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 2, 2013 -> 11:17 PM)
No catch all thread, so I guess I'll ask this here...

Why did Avisail Garcia just retweet this??? Any idea what this is reference to Cubano?

https://twitter.com/molinagustavo10/status/...828927466815489

A reply to this comment was something about how quickly people forget the past or something.

Not sure what that is all about. Avisail is from Venezuela. Bobby Abreu is from there too and he is playing winter ball. Maybe Abreu is getting booed by fans.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Nov 2, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)
They were product of the aluminum bat era and a lesser international quality competition except the USA college teams and San Juan Senators game. The new guys have played with wooden bats only and against better competition. Not saying old guys were bad...

Yeah you are right about the aluminum bat "el tubo". I remember the senators game i watched on tv. Javy Lopez hit a homer to win. I remember giving a friend of mine crab, he pitched for the puertorican national team and kinderlain hit a homer off of him, and we teased him that the bad still hasn't landed. Lol

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE (Cubano @ Nov 2, 2013 -> 03:08 PM)