Reinsdorf on Score....there's still money in the budget

caulfield12

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 10:07 AM)
It is worth mentioning that Dunn was still far, far more productive when he was actually on the field compared to DHing. At this point, it's pretty impossible to ignore.

Indeed. Kind of hard to speculate on whether that will continue. I still regard the sample size as a bit too small for certainty, but the difference is nonetheless worth attention

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 11:07 AM)
It is worth mentioning that Dunn was still far, far more productive when he was actually on the field compared to DHing. At this point, it's pretty impossible to ignore.

It's also worth noting that in the fangraphs world...the awfulness of his defense when he was at 1b overwhelmed the positive contribution he made with the bat by a whole lot.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 12:16 PM)
It's also worth noting that in the fangraphs world...the awfulness of his defense when he was at 1b overwhelmed the positive contribution he made with the bat by a whole lot.

This is also true, though this can fluctuate a bit as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
What that tells me is..."If he can't hit while DHing...then the guys who want him dumped unceremoniously are right".

Yes. There is no point in eating money for him to not play on the team while getting no value back, but I am ready to be done with Dunn. It appeared to be a perfect signing prior to the 2011 season and it has just been a nightmare deal.