Masahiro Tanaka

Feeky Magee

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 06:49 PM)
It will be either that or draft order. I can't see Houston or Miami beating the Sox if Hahn wanted him. Especially if Hahn also wanted to keep him from the Cubs.

If the bold part is true, I'd hope they throw the money at him....Wouldn't shock me to see Houston or the Marlins try and get him though if draft order is the determining factor.

Get em Hahn, then add a piece or 2 to the bullpen and just shut motherf***ers down for 9 innings.

Best I can find is this from mlb.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/major-...p;vkey=news_mlb

"It remains unclear exactly how a system with a $20 million cap would work. While it would almost certainly make the best Japanese players available to far more Major League teams, there have been different interpretations of what would happen when multiple teams submit maximum bids.

One version suggests that the player would then be free to negotiate with each of those teams and sign with whichever team he preferred, which would still seem to give an edge to the deep-pocketed franchises. Another is that the team with the lowest winning percentage would have exclusive negotiating rights. The obvious drawback, of course, is that this could theoretically provide a disincentive for losing teams to try to win down the stretch."

Pretty much hasn't been decided yet.

Edited by StRoostifer

The article in this thread says that if multiple teams make the highest bid, then the team with the worst winning percentage would win the bidding process. So assuming that statement is correct, if we bid $20M the only teams that can beat us out are the Astros and the Marlins. Unfortunately, I don't see him getting past Houston, but I don't see why you wouldn't offer the max and see if you can sign him to a Darvish like deal (but with a much smaller fee).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 06:25 PM)
The article in this thread says that if multiple teams make the highest bid, then the team with the worst winning percentage would win the bidding process. So assuming that statement is correct, if we bid $20M the only teams that can beat us out are the Astros and the Marlins. Unfortunately, I don't see him getting past Houston, but I don't see why you wouldn't offer the max and see if you can sign him to a Darvish like deal (but with a much smaller fee).

So what if he decides to not go with the Astros. Does it move to the next team?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 5, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
So what if he decides to not go with the Astros. Does it move to the next team?

Check out post #29. It explains that the process will happen one of two ways but is not decided on yet. There's a link to an mlb.com article in that post.