Let's make it official, fuck WSI!

Cerbaho-WG

Our rumor of the deal close to happening, was ripped by, oh guess who....

think it's an unsubstantiated rumor from a web site that seems to have as its main writers ISU students.

Torn Labrum

Hey, s*** for brains, who was the first site to have the Koch for Foulke rumor? US! Eat a dick.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was really ripped. Someone posted the story from SoxNet. I don't what you mean "our rumor". The rumor didn't start here. It started at cbssportsline.com then traveled to ESPN and did a sweep of the Sox and Expos boards there, then was picked up by the official White Sox site boards and the official Expos site boards, then posted here, and then at WSI, all because some dumbass had nothing better to do than post a fake rumor.

*shakes head*

Originally posted by Jjav829

It was really ripped. Someone posted the story from SoxNet. I don't what you mean "our rumor". The rumor didn't start here. It started at cbssportsline.com then traveled to ESPN and did a sweep of the Sox and Expos boards there, then was picked up by the official White Sox site boards and the official Expos site boards, then posted here, and then at WSI, all because some dumbass had nothing better to do than post a fake rumor.

*shakes head*

It's called fear of being replaced, were are quickly becoming a helluva site, and they can't handle it...... so like people usually do, the resorted to criticism.

Pathetic.....simply pathetic

sorry I moved this man, I usually don't do that.

we've been publishing reports since 2001. we've had plenty of reports that were out before the official site and even the associate press (some trades, other rumors), nobody should be questioning the quality of the site. it is a shame how people make comments simply because they found out about soxnet last week, so they assume we are looking for attention. we've been around and have done all this before.

Well, I haven't read all of the threads, but I made a couple posts their defending it. I'll let them think of it what they think. I've heard many good things from the members here and thats all I need to know.

I'm proud of what the site and boards have become and it couldn't of been done without our loyal posters, readers, etc.

This is a great site, of course I'm not going to say a bad thing about the other site. What some of their posters say is up to them, I try not to get in wars over stuff like that. I just take it for what its worth.

I'm also going to say, I tend to be on Jjav's court that this may not be even close to a deal. I suspect KW has made some type of offer, but how close they are, I don't know, and I think of most everything as a rumor, until its done. Their is no sure thing. Heck, even done deals break apart, aka the Erstad deal.

I agree about the egomaniacs baggio. I still read and occasionally post, but the nasty attitude the moderators take with any of the newer posters (and some of the older ones) are really getting on my nerves. Like the way the have been picking on jeremy1 (I think that is his name) - he just gets there and they start ripping on him for his typing skills. I am also sick of the over the top political correctness that runs rampant there. Let people have opinions and if you disagree make an argument against it, don't just say, "You're an idiot." It gets old after awhile. One of the bigger things that are getting on my nerves about that board is how the main core seems out to rip on PK every chance they get. That has gotten old after awhile as well. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Originally posted by FanOf14  One of the bigger things that are getting on my nerves about that board is how the main core seems out to rip on PK every chance they get.  That has gotten old after awhile as well.  Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Just don't say nothing bad about Big Frank (whom I love in a White Sox uni)..... even when he deserves it (which I have). They'll love you to death over there at WSI if you agree that Frank can do no wrong. PK must be the new target over there. I do remember though the Cameron/PK thread started after Cam's 4 HR game off Butter. To think, a majority of them thought we got ripped in that deal. That's the types of people you're dealing with over there FanOf14.

Originally posted by HawkDJ

I'm not loved nor hated over at WSI so it's fine for me! I'll admit I don't like Daver too much but besides that it doesn't seem too bad. 

BTW decided to register here because I can't get enough White Sox...NOT because I hate WSI.

Believe it or not, I was neither liked nor disliked at WSI. I never posted anything profane or confrontational. None of the board mods over there had a problem with me..... as far as I know. But, with all aspects of life, I can only take so much of a particular segment of people thinking that their s*** don't stink. It seems every Sox fan with this affliction moderates or posts at WSI. I still visit from time to time, but I will continue to post here..... a place where a guy like me and Cerbaho can disagree politically but not bash each other when it comes to disagreeing about the White Sox..... the reason we are all here in the first place. :metal

i just got done reading the topic of the rumor. what gets me, is i never had a prob with torn lunbum(sp), but his jabs at this site was bush. i really never had a prob with that site in general but davers and that guy from minn gets to me. what i don't like and still don't is some one or anybody going after anyone and that what happen there. that is why i am here.

my opinion is that yes phg and torn are very good writers, great command of the english language that i wish i had. but to put down this site b/c of some writers is bulls***. these guys are doing a great job and this site is growning. if the other site wants to belittle us, then look at why so many good to great posters left.

with ref to us growning, its happening and its envy that we are seeing from the other site.

enuf said.

I'm not loved nor hated over at WSI so it's fine for me! I'll admit I don't like Daver too much but besides that it doesn't seem too bad. 

BTW decided to register here because I can't get enough White Sox...NOT because I hate WSI.

Welcome aboard Hawk Dj. I'm with ya, I love talking Sox baseball.

One thing I learned is all message boards have "pecking orders". Also people say things on a message board they never would to your face. I love a good argument but try to stay civil, while making my point (s). I love baseball and the Sox so I hang around several boards as an "elder statesman" I guess. About WSI, I suspect I'm under most people's radar screens at that site and hardly noticed. It's too bad about the controversy because they have some good things there. That being said I don't blame hsc and some others for leaving, there was some unfair slamming going on at times. Oh well, maybe I'll be on the s*** list now, but like I already said, I don't think I'm that big a deal one way or other there. Of course the folks here should know by now they have my best wishes. Just keep working and don't worry what others may say or think about you. If you're working hard and putting out a decent product folks will come by and post. It looks like it's working for you.

Originally posted by SI1020

One thing I learned is all message boards have "pecking orders". Also people say things on a message board they never would to your face. I love a good argument but try to stay civil, while making my point (s). I love baseball and the Sox so I hang around several boards as an "elder statesman" I guess. About WSI, I suspect I'm under most people's radar screens at that site and hardly noticed. It's too bad about the controversy because they have some good things there. That being said I don't blame hsc and some others for leaving, there was some unfair slamming going on at times. Oh well, maybe I'll be on the s*** list now, but like I already said, I don't think I'm that big a deal one or other there. Of course the folks here should know by now they have my best wishes. Just keep working and don't worry what others may say or think about you. If you're working hard and putting out a decent product folks will come by and post. It looks like it's working for you.

bravo. i agree.

Originally posted by Mr. Showtime

Sweet mother of hans, I just put 2+2 together and realized you are HSC at WSI. Wow! Its like I'm in the presence of a celebrity!

HAHA.

That is so not funny.

Uh..yeah. I wasn't trying to be funny. I'm being serious. Not a celebrity because of the ruckus she caused but because she know we were doing the trade.