I proclaim myself an...

Soxplosion

official KW supporter. I will admit I used to not like him very much but after he made the Koch trade and now hes promised to get us a new ace and maybe more Im really starting to like him. I believe that I will take heavy fire for this decision, as I did with the Redskins thing but I believe that for his own sanity one must stand up for what he believes in!

So, that said, WHOS WITH ME?

Wheres the tylenol?

But no, seriously, thats what I wanted to say. None of his moves were terrible from the beginning. Except the Ray Durham one. I still do not get that trade. But with Ritchie and Wells he thought he was getting a decent starter yet they both went terribly bad, their previous and even post mortem track records in the case of Wells have been decent if not superb. KW may have a habit of overpaying but thats OK. He shows he has the guts to make a move. You never see some GMs out doing anything but KW is always out there. I support you, KW!

Originally posted by theoldroman

official KW supporter. I will admit I used to not like him very much but after he made the Koch trade and now hes promised to get us a new ace and maybe more Im really starting to like him. I believe that I will take heavy fire for this decision, as I did with the Redskins thing but I believe that for his own sanity one must stand up for what he believes in! 

Your support appears to stem from this rumored Expos trade. What if it doesn't happen? What if it's a rumor? Cerb just posted another rumor that has part of this rumor, Barrett, going to Milwaukee. I'll stop criticizing KW when/if we win the WS. Until then, he's incompetent to the core!!!!! :D

Now, I won't call KW the greatest gm out their but I always see him doing what he can to make this team better. Most of his moves have made sense in the fact that he tries to get a need. Of course he's failed quite a bit, but I'm probably the biggest KW supporter out their, don't ask me why. If I knew we could get Kevin Towers, I'd fire KW in a heartbeat, well I'd demote him to the guy in charge of the minors.

Still, KW seems to be learning. He doesn't want to deal his top prospects and seems to be playing his cards right. He still says he doesn't want to move Garland and is playing it right saying he's willing to go with Rauch as his #5 and forget adding a pitcher.

This are good negotiating tactis, something I told KW to pick up on after he acquired Marte, who was due to go on waivers.

Of course, a couple months back, I actually wrote an article supporting KW, to a point. I think he's putting this team in an amazing position to compete.

He's screwed up some deals, but I still believe the only guy we'll miss is Kip Wells. Fogg is nothing special and well, Lowe was cut yet again.

Ritchie obviously didn't live up to his hype, but Ritchie for Wells(He ain't going to win a Cy Young, he'll be a good pitcher on a bad team) is something I can live with. Every gm has his blunders and this one gets ripped pretty bad, but it could of been a heck of a lot worse.

Guest hotsoxchick1

and while wsf fills the room with silence.. the only question on my mind is WHAT THE HELL KIND OF DRUGS ARE YOU SMOKING..... and will you share it with us so we can see the wonderful things you do..............lol....support kw.... you must be out of your f***ing mind..... i will not now, nor ever do any such thing........:o:bringit

this guy has serious control issues. he wants yes-men on his staff and on his team. he can't stand to be criticized even when he gets publicly hosed in a big trade. this guy is just living in a sea of denial. i dont see any hope for this guy til he starts being honest with us white sox fans.

i for one can see through most of his bulls***.

Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Every gm has his blunders and this one gets ripped pretty bad, but it could of been a heck of a lot worse.

Simple, we could of traded them Brian Giles like the Tribe did.

Or we could of given them Jon Garland(Kip is no Garland) or we could of given them Lou Brock.

Hey...Wells is decent, but he's no cy young award pitcher.

how?????

Well cubkilla, I like him because hes already shown he has the guts to make a big deal and he says hes going to go after a top rate guy this offseason. I like that. He has my everlasting support.

And no hsc, Im not sharing my stuff with you. ITS ALL MINE! :D

Also cubkilla, remember Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio? Id call that one much worse than the Ritchie trade. But no wonder, it was made by the Scrubs...

Originally posted by CubKilla

Your support appears to stem from this rumored Expos trade. What if it doesn't happen? What if it's a rumor? Cerb just posted another rumor that has part of this rumor, Barrett, going to Milwaukee. I'll stop criticizing KW when/if we win the WS. Until then, he's incompetent to the core!!!!!

I have to side with Killa on this one.

Also cubkilla, remember Lou Brock for Ernie Broglio? Id call that one much worse than the Ritchie trade. But no wonder, it was made by the Scrubs...

I wasn't challenging Chisoxfn to name a trade worse than the Ritchie trade Roman. I was just asking him, since he said the Ritchie trade could have been alot worse, to just give an example of how much worse it possibly could have become. But the Brock trade has gotta be in the all-time Top 10 worst trades in baseball history.

Wait, your suddenly a KW fan because he says that he wants to go after a good player? Uhhh....THAT'S THE JOB OF A GM!!! You are supposed to go after good players to help your team!!! KW still sucks. IF (big if, because I don't believe he will do anything because he is a dumbass) he does make a trade for a #2 pitcher, then I could see you supporting him. But your supporting him because he says he wants to get a good player? Wow...

Just amazing...

Becoming a supporter of a GM, because hes actually thinking about doing his job correctly...

Wow...

With the White Sox, thats just what its comes down to.

Of course, the reason I don't think the Ritchie deal was that bad is because I don't think of Fogg or Lowe as anything special.

I think of it as basically Kip for Ritchie...of course Fogg could easily prove me wrong and do it again this year, but I don't think he will.

When KW traded for D. Wells, everyone was thrilled, thought we had the series in '01 in our pocket. Seemed like a damn good move to me at the time. But when the Ritchie trade was made, I looked at who we gave up and the thought that went through my mind was "Where the hell is Brian Giles?" .... I couldn't believe he gave up Kip, Fogg and Lowe for a mediocre veteran pitcher. To me, Lowe was a mediocre veteran pitcher. The Marte trade worked out well, and I like the Jiminez deal. The Harris deal was worth a shot because Singleton was extremely expendable. All in all, he hasn't done a bad job with the exception of the Ritchie deal. That was a stinker from the start.

Originally posted by YASNY

When KW traded for D. Wells, everyone was thrilled, thought we had the series in '01 in our pocket.  Seemed like a damn good move to me at the time.  But when the Ritchie trade was made, I looked at who we gave up and the thought that went through my mind was "Where the hell is Brian Giles?" .... I couldn't believe he gave up Kip, Fogg and Lowe for a mediocre veteran pitcher.  To me, Lowe was a mediocre veteran pitcher.  The Marte trade worked out well, and I like the Jiminez deal.  The Harris deal was worth a shot because Singleton was extremely expendable.  All in all, he hasn't done a bad job with the exception of the Ritchie deal. That was a stinker from the start.

he started his career as gm by trading for royce clayton against some very good advice.

Originally posted by Jjav829

Wait, your suddenly a KW fan because he says that he wants to go after a good player? Uhhh....THAT'S THE JOB OF A GM!!! You are supposed to go after good players to help your team!!! KW still sucks. IF (big if, because I don't believe he will do anything because he is a dumbass) he does make a trade for a #2 pitcher, then I could see you supporting him. But your supporting him because he says he wants to get a good player? Wow...

Just amazing...

Becoming a supporter of a GM, because hes actually thinking about doing his job correctly...

Wow...

Agreed, Oldroman is a tard. He hasn't done anything, but because he said something you now back him? The Koch trade did NOTHING as well, there is no reason to back him when he has done nothing to help the team and he has done numerous things to hurt the team. But I guess a tard like Kenny would only be backed by fellow tards.

Originally posted by LDF

When KW traded for D. Wells, everyone was thrilled, thought we had the series in '01 in our pocket.  Seemed like a damn good move to me at the time.  But when the Ritchie trade was made, I looked at who we gave up and the thought that went through my mind was "Where the hell is Brian Giles?" .... I couldn't believe he gave up Kip, Fogg and Lowe for a mediocre veteran pitcher.  To me, Lowe was a mediocre veteran pitcher.  The Marte trade worked out well, and I like the Jiminez deal.  The Harris deal was worth a shot because Singleton was extremely expendable.  All in all, he hasn't done a bad job with the exception of the Ritchie deal. That was a stinker from the start.

he started his career as gm by trading for royce clayton against some very good advice.

The Clayton trade cost us nothing. And as for Clayton's performance when he was here, he did exactly what was expected of him. He started terribly both years, but brought his numbers up to respectability by the end of the year. His defense was very good. That's why KW got him. However, I do feel that it was mistake in the fact that Clayton wasn't needed. Valentin was a leader on that infield, despite his 36 errors in 2000.

Originally posted by LDF

The Clayton trade cost us nothing. And as for Clayton's performance when he was here, he did exactly what was expected of him. He started terribly both years, but brought his numbers up to respectability by the end of the year. His defense was very good. That's why KW got him. However, I do feel that it was mistake in the fact that Clayton wasn't needed. Valentin was a leader on that infield, despite his 36 errors in 2000.

the one equation you are forgetting is his clubhouse presence as a punk. what did that cost us?

Brock would be number one on my list. I cant think of a trade that was so infamously lopsided off the top of my head. If it was transactions, the selling of Ruth to the Skanks would easily be worse but that wasnt a trade...

you could consider the ruth deal a trade...red sox onwer henry frisere (sp?) was trying to bankroll a broadway type play in boston for his girlfried to satr in...so you could say ruth was trade for a showgirl :)

Originally posted by LDF

the one equation you are forgetting is his clubhouse presence as a punk. what did that cost us?

i think KW started out as a very one-dimensional GM. he went against his judgements of character and clubhouse presence and basically went on scouting reports alone. in a perfect world i guess things would not have been so bad in the royce clayton situation. unfortunately kenny paid for this and ultimately ended up instiuting the "clubhouse spy" program to keep things in line. this was his solution to a problem created mostly by him. kenny brought in "clubhouse cancers" and thought he could work around them. it takes a very special kind of manager (not JM) and some special players to make a team like that work.

i think kenny has learned his lesson. he might be a 1 1/2-dimensional GM now.