Dr. V's Magical Putter

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
http://grantland.com/features/a-mysterious...golf-club-dr-v/

I don't even like golf much but I found this story to be great. What starts out as an infomercial for a golf club turns crazier...and crazier...and nd crazier. I won't really post more without spoiling it you'll just have to read it.

Wow! That was great!

From Yar Golf's poorly designed, confusing website's "about" section:

Yar Golf was founded under the Principle belief that as we aspire to ascertain chronologically gifted status,

we also will have to acknowledge our own marginalized physical capabilities.

As I pondered my own limitations, an arthritic Hip, and my fellow Baby Boomer Golfers, bad backs, ankles, knees etc.

I could not stop my reminiscing, "now that we have the time and the pecuniary resources to enjoy golf every day, our bodies are not up to it".

Boy was I angry, but no matter what my Physician prescribed, my pain was prevalent, my frustration grew, my Golf Game worsened, therefore it was not a pleasurable experience.

I eventually crossed paths with a person as intelligent as a PhD, with a decidedly diverse background. She asked me if I had knowledge of Ergogenic Science, I responded that Popular Science was the only magazine I ever read, she laughed hard. I queried,

What is Ergogenic Science?

In simple laypersons terms "An ergogenic product is any substance or mechanical device that is used with the intention of improving athletic performance. In particular, ergogenic products include anything employed to increase the body's ability to produce energy or to speed the recovery of its systems from physical activity. An ergogenic aid is one designed to create a competitive advantage for an athlete.

At that time, the information was scant, and most data had to do with supplements, nothing in the Golfing milieu, this Scientific approached pique my interest. After a few months of searching and finding dead ends, I contacted her, and inquired could Ergogenic Science be assimilated in to Golf equipment, Yes,

From that moment on, I quit thinking about my frustration on the Links, and with her, assistance started utilizing the various Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, and Visual Perception information available, and turned it towards my passion, Golf.

Armed with this innovative paradigm, Yar Golf was born!!! The Rest as they say is History...

As an avid golfer for over 40 Years, I have seen a lot of fad equipment come and go.

Remember the alien wedge? I purchased one - didn't work for me.

So on to the Yar GX1 Putter.

The criterion to the Lead Engineer for the GX1 and GX1-WB Putters were simple.

It has to putt, better than anything on the market today.

I want Science not Sci-Fiction.

Show me something unique, which is truly useful.

It must be able to help and assist Golfers with physical limitation.

Make it in America

Every GX1 Putter sold has one major component in common; they all start with a Client and a Custom Fitting. Therefore, whether you are purchasing it over the Internet or an Authorized Yar Golf Fitting Dealer, You are our Central Focus.

My initial is on every Putter, I am the G in the GX1. The X was utilized from NASA's X Flight Program, and the Number 1 is you our Clients. Thank you for Stopping in.

At Yar Golf, we believe Charity begins at the Heart... Please call us if you are having a Golfing Charity Event. We also provide Special Discounts for Active and Retired Military, as well as Fire Department and Law Enforcement Personnel.

Thank You for keeping us Safe…

A person being transgendered is not the big reveal in an honest story and it doesn't make them a liar.

I had to skim through parts of the story because it was so long, but was Ms. V. not lying about her education/qualifications and didn't her name change help her conceal those lies?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 08:56 PM)
A good number of people, me included, are quite repulsed about what it appears this Grantland writer did here.

I read this before and passed it off as outrage for the sake of outrage. Some of the language could have been better but isn't transphobic when it's vital to her background in the story.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 04:18 PM)
He/she was a liar. A conman. That's the reveal of the story. That he/she was transgendered just made it more crazy.

It's an irrelevant detail that just "makes it more crazy" and yet winds up receiving the featured crescendo as though it's the biggest, most important reveal.

You could write this story as the person being a con artist without the personal part.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
It's an irrelevant detail that just "makes it more crazy" and yet winds up receiving the featured crescendo as though it's the biggest, most important reveal.

You could write this story as the person being a con artist without the personal part.

Totally disagree. If you're hiding your past and lying about it, telling people why is pretty critical.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
And if the answer is that a person is transgendered that should still be the case?

Absolutely. Why wouldn't it? It's the truth.

And let's not pretend like this person was hurt about it. He/she was dead before this was published.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
How did "outing" her hurt her anyway? Wasn't this article written after she had died? It was a relevant part of the story as the writer was trying to verify her credentials.

"Oh no, a reporter is going to reveal that I'm transgendered. Oh look, a plastic bag."

No one else got that possibility as they were reading it, that having this part of her life revealed publicly against her wishes could push the person to that?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
Absolutely. Why wouldn't it? It's the truth.

And let's not pretend like this person was hurt about it. He/she was dead before this was published.

DId you actually not read the article where the person was clearly becoming more and more emotionally unstable as the grantland writer pushed forward?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
"Oh no, a reporter is going to reveal that I'm transgendered. Oh look, a plastic bag."

No one else got that possibility as they were reading it, that having this part of her life revealed publicly against her wishes could push the person to that?

So reporters should ignore the truth when it may negatively effect the subject? Despite its importance to the story?

And that was her 2nd suicide attempt. Pretty clear he/she had some issues in her life before this reporter got involved.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
DId you actually not read the article where the person was clearly becoming more and more emotionally unstable as the grantland writer pushed forward?

Because the lies were found out. Again, are you saying reporters shouldn't report the truth if it will be damaging to the subject?

edit: I liked how you phrased that: "pushed forward," as if this guy had an agenda to ruin the person from the start.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Because the lies were found out. Again, are you saying reporters shouldn't report the truth if it will be damaging to the subject?

Is "I'm now a woman and no longer Mr. Krol" a lie? As far as I can tell...that was not a lie.

Yes the degree statements were lies. Is it a lie to not be up front with that personal detail and personal choice? Do the other lies mean that the person has lost all privacy?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)

edit: I liked how you phrased that: "pushed forward," as if this guy had an agenda to ruin the person from the start.

Agreed. When you con people out of thousands of dollars and continue to try and do so your forfeit your right to any privacy

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
Is "I'm now a woman and no longer Mr. Krol" a lie? As far as I can tell...that was not a lie.

Yes the degree statements were lies. Is it a lie to not be up front with that personal detail and personal choice? Do the other lies mean that the person has lost all privacy?

He/she never admitted to being Mr. Krol. He/she lied to everyone about being a woman with a certain past. That's a clear set of lies.

Edited by Jenksismybitch