Single game tickets go on sale Feb 28

southsider2k5

WHITE SOX INDIVIDUAL-GAME TICKETS ON SALE FEBRUARY 28

February 11, 2014 at 10:57am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Individual Game Tickets Go on Sale to the Public the Same Day the Team Kicks Off Cactus League Play Internet Pre-Sales Give Fans Early Access to Tickets

CHICAGO – Individual-game tickets to 2014 Chicago White Sox home games at U.S. Cellular Field go on sale to the general public on Friday, February 28, at 10 a.m. on whitesox.com and by phone at (866) SOX-GAME. That same day, the White Sox will open spring training play in the Cactus League vs. the Los Angeles Dodgers at Camelback Ranch - Glendale. The ticket office will not be open on the opening day of online sales, but is open seven days a week starting March 1.

Beginning Saturday, March 1, tickets can be purchased at the U.S. Cellular Field Ticket Office and at Ticketmaster locations throughout Chicagoland. The ticket office hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday, and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Prior to the general on-sale date, White Sox season ticket holders (81, 27 and 14 and 7-game plans) will be the first to have access to individual-game tickets through an online pre-sale on Wednesday, February 26. Full and split-season plan holders will have access to tickets at 10 a.m. Seven and 14-game plan holders can purchase starting at 1 p.m.

Members of the Sox Pride Club, the official online fan club of the White Sox, will have an online pre-sale at 10 a.m. on Thursday, February 27. Members of the Black List, the free and official whitesox.com fan headquarters, will have access to an online pre-sale at 1 p.m. on Thursday, February 27. Full details on all individual-game ticket presales can be found at whitesox.com/presale.

All fans still have the opportunity to join the Sox Pride Club at soxprideclub.com or whitesox.com. Fans may become members of the Black List, at no charge, by visiting whitesox.com/blacklist. In order to qualify for the special Pride Club or Black List presales, fans must sign up by Sunday, February 23, at 5 p.m. and Tuesday, February 25, at noon, respectively.

A highlight of 2014 White Sox tickets is the variety of affordable seating options that will be available to fans for individual games in both the lower and upper levels. Seats in the Lower Corners will continue to be available for $20 per game, while seats in the Upper Corners remain available for $7 all season long (excluding Opening Day and the Cubs games on May 7-8). Cost of parking is $20, with the exception of Family Sundays, when it is just $10.

The Family Sundays promotion, sponsored by The University of Chicago Medicine Comer Children’s Hospital, covers all 13 Sunday home games and features seats in Bleacher, Outfield Reserved, Lower Corner and Premium Upper Box sections for $15, Upper Box and Upper Reserved Seats for $10, and Upper Corner tickets will be priced at only $5. Ticket prices are for fans of all ages.

The entire 2014 White Sox schedule, including the promotional schedule, can be found at whitesox.com. Fans also can connect with the White Sox through the team’s Facebook page and Twitter (@WhiteSox), which have all the latest news and ticket information.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)
It's a lot easier now.

I was referring to the fact that a few days before a game I can always find a discount code or go on StubHub and find a cheaper ticket if I want to attend. In 2006 I paid full price for games months ahead of time, where either the weather sucked or it was suddenly inconvenient for me to go.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 01:27 PM)
I was referring to the fact that a few days before a game I can always find a discount code or go on StubHub and find a cheaper ticket if I want to attend. In 2006 I paid full price for games months ahead of time, where either the weather sucked or it was suddenly inconvenient for me to go.

I hear ya.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
I bought a bunch of single game tickets on the first day in 2006. Never again.

Ditto. Had a ton of them in advance. Although in 2006, I feel like a lot of those games were sold out or very crowded, so the only way to get in for a decent price was in advance, at least for the good opponents or whatever.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
Ditto. Had a ton of them in advance. Although in 2006, I feel like a lot of those games were sold out or very crowded, so the only way to get in for a decent price was in advance, at least for the good opponents or whatever.

Most games were 30k and higher. April was still a dead month even with the high sth rate.