Coors Field

SnB

I'll be in town for a work trip this week and will be catching Tuesday's game. Any recommendations for food/drink/where to sit/etc. I believe I have parking all set up, so no worries there.

And yes, I totally did schedule this trip around catching a game.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
I'll be in town for a work trip this week and will be catching Tuesday's game. Any recommendations for food/drink/where to sit/etc. I believe I have parking all set up, so no worries there.

And yes, I totally did schedule this trip around catching a game.

Coors in awesome. There are a lot of places in the downtown to eat right there and parking was really easy when I have gone. Rocky Mountain Oyster's are good if you like that sort of thing. The Coors Brewery is about 40 minutes away in Golden, CO if you have time for a trip. It's a pretty cool place.

I took a walk to the ballpark while @ a convention in downtown denver and found the area delightful. It didn't seem possible to go wrong. However, if you walk down the street along the front of the ballpark, on the opposite side of the street, there's a bar with a sign in the window obviously labeling it as the "chicago bears" bar in the city. Had I not been 2 hours from catching a plane I'd have rocked that place.

There's a wonderful pedestrian mall about 5-6 blocks away with a free bus that runs up and down it the entire night. If you can walk that 5-6 blocks, you can get anywhere in downtown denver. Didn't have the chance to try as many restaurants as I wanted due to conference activities, but man there were tons of options along that strip.

There was a place called "Vesta grill" like 3 blocks from Coors that I'd have tried had I been closer. Probably on the pricey side.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
Stay downtown, even if the hotels are a bit pricier. Try the Oxford Hotel. Best restaurant in town is right across the street from it, and the stadium is 3 blocks away.

I'll be at the Weds. game. What's the restaurant across the Oxford oldy?

Wynkoop is a great choice. There is also a bar within a couple blocks of the stadium with about 120 beers on tap, a lot of them micro brews, I think it's called Rocky Mountain Tap maybe? If you like unique beers, that's a good stop. Really all of LoDo (the neighborhood the park is in, Lower Downtown) is pretty great, from restaurants to bars to art galleries to live music.

I agree with the Wynkoop Brewery choice as others have said. Hayters is the Bears bar that Balta was referring to. Cool place to watch football games, not sure about other Chicago sports. I would avoid The Tavern, Lodo's, View House type places unless you want to be around a bumch of fratty college types. Blake Street Tavern is a cool sports bar about a block away from Coors Field.

If you are sitting in the upper level at Coors Field be sure to check out their new rooftop bar. I was at the home opener last Friday and it was an awesome place to be. That location used to be rows of seats in the right field upper deck that never got used and they just took out a bunch of those seats and made something awesome.

Also, I've sat pretty much everyone at Coors Field aside from the lower right field and club level. I don't have any specific preferences. Every part of the stadium has something cool to offer.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 7, 2014 -> 03:57 PM)
She'll love it. Make a reservation. Maiter 'd's (spelling?) name is Mario.

Hell, I'm going to tell Mario I'm tight with oldsox. I'll either get the best table or a funny look. :P