Hammer away, i DONT care but............

Bmr31

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we dont win the next two games in Detroit, you can kiss this season goodbye.  We have too much of an uphill climb, as it is.  Minnesotas schedule is easy from here.    The sox better win the next two. :angry:

I agree with u man. This lost to Detroit eliminates the 2 wins in NY in my opinion. We gotta play some pretty amazing baseball to win this division. I'm not sure if we can...

I agree with u man.  This lost to Detroit eliminates the 2 wins in NY in my opinion.  We gotta play some pretty amazing baseball to win this division.  I'm not sure if we can...

Of Course we can. We've been playing some pretty amazing baseball for some time now. The only question is, will we?

Im thankful that I missed the game tonight. I would of been screaming s*** at my TV, or going completely nuts on this message board.

I dont have confidence in Garland tomorrow to get us out of this hole. Seems hes always good for giving up 4 or 5 runs, and Maroth is due for a good start. Although Im expecting Loaiza to do good for the finale. He needs an easy win before the upcoming stretch to build his confidence in the event of a bad start.

If we do somehow get swept, chances are that we will drop out of first (possibly second). The worst possible scenario can only leave us 2 games out. Im not going to say their are alot of games left to make up, but there is 9 game homestand coming up. 4 of which are against Minn.

Besides the Cleveland series next weekend, every remaining series left is against playoff contenders. Sox do well against good teams that aren't called the Mariners and maybe its better that we are facing these teams in the final month. Easier schedules will put more pressure on KC,MInn to win every series.

Im thankful that I missed the game tonight.  I would of been screaming s*** at my TV, or going completely nuts on this message board. 

I dont have confidence in Garland tomorrow to get us out of this hole.  Seems hes always good for giving up 4 or 5 runs, and Maroth is due for a good start.  Although Im expecting Loaiza to do good for the finale.  He needs an easy win before the upcoming stretch to build his confidence in the event of a bad start.

If we do somehow get swept, chances are that we will drop out of first (possibly second).  The worst possible scenario can only leave us 2 games out.  Im not going to say their are alot of games left to make up, but there is 9 game homestand coming up.  4 of which are against Minn. 

Besides the Cleveland series next weekend, every remaining series left is against playoff contenders.  Sox do well against good teams that aren't called the Mariners and maybe its better that we are facing these teams in the final month.  Easier schedules will put more pressure on KC,MInn to win every series.

Actually Jon's era in his last 20 starts or so is around 3.70. Problem for Jon is that he'll get into early trouble and give up 2 or 3 runs then settle down the rest of the gm. It's gonna be important for him to get off to a good start and hold em down the 1st 3 or 4 innings...

dont tell me to kiss anything goodbye, season or otherwise until the dust settles....

meaning, there is still alot of ballgames left....

dont lose the faith yet.... we are not done

stay positive dammit..... focus.... stretch :bringit

If they lose these next two games, the seasons over. If you still think theres a chance then, lol uhhh thats your problem.

dont tell me to kiss anything goodbye, season or otherwise until the dust settles....

If they lose these next two games, the seasons over. If you still think theres a chance then, lol uhhh thats your problem.

uhh... quit while your behind.... whatever....

this season is not over until we are mathmatically out of it....

i will remain hopeful

uhh... quit while your behind.... whatever....

this season is not over until we are mathmatically out of it....

i will remain hopeful

LOL!!!! Dude ive been watching baseball long enough to know, if a teams in a pennant race at the start of september, and they get swept by the worst team in the history of baseball, and they have a much more difficult schedule than the other two teams, uhhh theyre going nowhere. If you havent, i suggest you just keep watching. :rolleyes:

I gotta agree with BMR. We get swept by Detroit again and u can stick a fork in us...

I gotta agree with BMR. We get swept by Detroit again and u can stick a fork in us...

ALthough for the clueless of the board, and there seems to be many lately, i dont think the sox will get swept by the tigers. At least i hope not. :o

ALthough for the clueless of the board, and there seems to be many lately, i dont think the sox will get swept by the tigers. At least i hope not. :o

The only way we get swept is if Loaiza loses ANOTHER 1-0 game to these guys. :angry:

If we dont win the next two games in Detroit, you can kiss this season goodbye.  We have too much of an uphill climb, as it is.  Minnesotas schedule is easy from here.    The sox better win the next two. :angry:

You're right. It's now or never.

LETS GO SOX!!!!!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

CWSOX45

I disagree. With the exception of the M's (mainly because of Ichiro & the RH's they have) we play MUCH better against the better clubs in the AL than we do against the weaker.

Many of you kissed them off when DET swept them, & they roared right back.

As long as they remain healthy(Maggs?) I think they are very capable of winning the series that count the most : 2 vs KC, 2 vs MIN, 2 vs BOS, 1 vs NYY.

They typically bring their A game vs those opp this year.

I'm sorry but if we get swept by Detroit, the season is not over. We've bounced back before and we can do it again. The Twins are 29-27 against the central, thats damn awful, and they're only 1/2 game back. You can say they dont have heart or whatever but some fans dont give up on their team until they're eliminated, especially when they're tied for first place.

Edited by whitesox247

I'm sorry but if we get swept by Detroit, the season is not over. We've bounced back before and we can do it again. The Twins are 29-27 against the central, thats damn awful, and they're only 1/2 game back. You can say they dont have heart or whatever but some fans dont give up on their team until they're eliminated.

The twins are 2 games back? LOL, dont you wish. :rolleyes:

Anything's possible in Comerica.  You can't win it with the long ball there.  You must manufacture runs.

Its a nice theory, but only an excuse. The parks do not decide the outcomes, thats ridiculous. I did some minor research. The top two home run hitting teams in the AL did just fine in Detroit and Seattle(texas and Boston). In fact their records on the road reflect what you would expect. Combined those two teams are 5-1 in Detroit and 3-5 in Seattle. It has nothing to do with home runs, or the parks. It has to do with the sox being mental midgets and not preparing for lessor teams and not preparing for the time changes out west. End of story.

Bulls***. Sox play to the level of their competition. Good thing we play good teams down the stretch.