SN Report: Koch Deal Done, Sox Get Cotts, Holt

Chisoxfn

Remember, the minor league Rule 5 isn't anything important.

I was mad to see we lost Majewski, but odds are we will get him back. Then again, the Blue Jays are one of those teams that could just hold onto him for a full season at the major league level.

Still, most of the time, the teams end up getting the players back.

I don't think murciagelo was talking about Cotts or Holt, it was about the minor league rule 5 draft (which is worthless). Don't forget y'all, that if the Blue Jays can't keep Majewski on the Major League roster all year, they have to give him up, so the Sox may end up getting him back.

Ken Williams likes Majewski, so if he can get him back he will.

Remember, Majewski was dealt to the Orioles in the Charles Johnson deal, then made his way to the Dodgers and then back to the Sox in the James Baldwin deal.

He was thought of as a good pitching prospect too.

I think thats how it all worked out.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Remember, Majewski was dealt to the Orioles in the Charles Johnson deal, then made his way to the Dodgers and then back to the Sox in the James Baldwin deal.

I don't remember him being in that Johnson deal. Because that deal happened in July of 2000, and in 2001 Williams sent him to LA for Osuna. So the O's would've had to cut him. Which I'm not so sure happened.

On the WSI boards, they posted these on the prospects we picked up in the Rule V draft...

Brandon O'Neal

http://www.topprospectalert.com/MLRamblings/020804bo.html

Josh Hochgesang

http://gostanford.ocsn.com/sports/m-basebl.../051899aab.html

Nothing found so far on guy #3... Felix Arellan...

Just reading these two stories, this O'Neal character is, at the very least, interesting. Hochgesang is intriguing, too... Unfortunately, I think we have third base solidifed for a while (I hope!)