Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by WSFAN35

MJ and Foulke are not 'The Franchise'... Ortiz is not worth PK.

since when was pk crowned the franchise??? more like is costing the franchise..... he aint that good....not better than most of his fellow teamates anyhow...and the mj and foulke thing were only mentioned to point out that mj just signed and was gone shortly afterwords so paulie signing doesnt exactly guarentee he will start here next year either.........get my drift now????

Let me just state on the record that I feel this deal only makes sense for the Giants if they don't get Konerko.

They seem to be dumping salary so getting PK, who has just signed a long term deal, would be funny.

Lee would make some sense if they want him to move to 1st, but I Think strictly prospects makes the most sense from the Giants point of view.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Let me just state on the record that I feel this deal only makes sense for the Giants if they don't get Konerko.

They seem to be dumping salary so getting PK, who has just signed a long term deal, would be funny.

Lee would make some sense if they want him to move to 1st, but I Think strictly prospects makes the most sense from the Giants point of view.

pk's money is alot less than that of kent et el who they are trying to dump now.. so it makes perfect sense if your sf....moving lee to 1st is a joke.. he cant even catch a ball in lf hes supposed to get one at 1st??? lmao......

Ya, but wouldn't it be great for the Sox to steal their thunder and pull both?

I know this, Kent is a better player then Konerko. Attitude wise, Konerko wins, but just production, you got to go with Kent, and if moving Konerko gets you a pitcher of Ortiz's caliber and then Ainsworth, then I'd pull that deal in a heart-beat.

Of course we won't get Kent, but just saying if the Sox really wanted to do something, they'd do it.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ogm i so cant wait till all the trading stuff is over with and we get to spring training... im getting sick with all these thoughts...........:puke

When you look at the trade, you really have to rethink teh whole Konerko or Lee part.

Look, C Lee really improved his OBP, and K/BB ratio last year, but onerko also had a monster first half, and a s*** second half. Koenrko had 3 seasons with 97+ RBI, C Lee not even close.

But, do we give up on C Lee right now? This is a lose-lose situation for KW.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i wish he would do something right now.. the suspense is killing me.......too many what if's and i heard's....im going nuts........im also trying to think just exactly whos going to play 1st with paulie gone now... not like we have anyone whos capable of it in the minors to platoon with frank.......we are so f***ed if this happens without something else happening to get us a decient 1st baseman...... man kw just put us in a f***ed position ......what ever happened to the days of us just needing a catcher and decient pitching..... now were going to have to find infielders as well.... oh s***...............:puke more zantac please........

Well, Frank would move to first most of the time.

Would the sox pick up an extra outfielder moving Lee/Thomas to first and Dh. Would they pick up someone to play first, keeping Lee in the outfield, with Thomas Dh'ing or will they just stick Liefer at 1st and then eventually go with Borchard in the outfield moving Lee to 1st/dh.