Reds as Trade Partners

The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 03:44 AM)
I hate Boston too, more than any team in baseball, but I'd rather he go there than to anyone in the Central which would affect us much more.

If all the rumors are true, Boston will be bringing Lester back. That would probably eliminate them from going after another big FA starter. but they certainly have tons of young AAA talent to trade for a 2nd starter. Their offense has had a major upgrade with their 2 Cuban additions in the outfield so they probably will focus on Lester+ another starter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
I know the dogs are rabid for John Danks, but I am not really willing to just give him away for a loss at this point, unless it gets us something that makes a lot of sense. I think we are seeing a tired John Danks in this second half, and I say that from his mechanics looking awful for about the past two months, combined with this being the first time since 2010 he has been over 180 IP. I think next year he will around a league average pitcher.

I think we are also seeing come conditioning breakdowns from Noesi for the same reason. I think the workload is wearing on him now, but will payoff next year.

this is a very very good post. well reasoned, I agree with the idea of the workload and

tired arms for Noesi. I am sure he loves being in that position considering how the sox

got him. what a great success story. I bet he is going to train extra hard in the offseason.

with Danks, I hate to say it this way, but of course he may be a little tired. how many

innings pitch will he have by season end?

ss2k5, very good.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
this is a very very good post. well reasoned, I agree with the idea of the workload and

tired arms for Noesi. I am sure he loves being in that position considering how the sox

got him. what a great success story. I bet he is going to train extra hard in the offseason.

with Danks, I hate to say it this way, but of course he may be a little tired. how many

innings pitch will he have by season end?

ss2k5, very good.

Danks is at 180 innings this year after pitching 160 last year counting the minors.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 02:26 PM)
Danks is at 180 innings this year after pitching 160 last year counting the minors.

my initial response would be, and he is coming back an injury that required surgery.

after rethinking I am still will say that. I remember early in this season he went back

to the bullpen to work on something. I remember the tv announcer saying something

or an other about how danks was not feeling comfortable.

this is a lame excuse but I am going to use it, some players takes longer to rebound

and yes he may have a tired arm or something.

last lame excuse, how many other pitchers will not pitch that amount of innings in a

season? yeah I tool wish his record would be better, but he gives the sox an arm that

is good for 180+ innings a yr. esp in a rebuilding yr.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 20, 2014 -> 09:45 PM)
my initial response would be, and he is coming back an injury that required surgery.

after rethinking I am still will say that. I remember early in this season he went back

to the bullpen to work on something. I remember the tv announcer saying something

or an other about how danks was not feeling comfortable.

this is a lame excuse but I am going to use it, some players takes longer to rebound

and yes he may have a tired arm or something.

last lame excuse, how many other pitchers will not pitch that amount of innings in a

season? yeah I tool wish his record would be better, but he gives the sox an arm that

is good for 180+ innings a yr. esp in a rebuilding yr.

The simple response is that he has to be a lot better than this. He's being paid like a #3 starter and performed like a fringe #5 this season. There's nothing that can get around that. We need him to pitch like a #3, he's paid like it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 21, 2014 -> 02:57 AM)
The simple response is that he has to be a lot better than this. He's being paid like a #3 starter and performed like a fringe #5 this season. There's nothing that can get around that. We need him to pitch like a #3, he's paid like it.

yes he is paid very well. he signed the contract and 1/2 yr later he got hurt. last yr

was recovery time as is much of the beginning of this yr. injury danks had was not

his fault and he got lucky with the contract. some players take a longer time to recover.

next yr, for me will be the telling yr for him.