Most coveted player in MLB? K.Bryant over Sale/Abreu? WHAT?

caulfield12

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
Well there's their salaries...

WINNER! That is kind of the point of this article. Guys like Trout have HUGE contracts. Kris Bryant doesn't. Is it better to have Kluber and more cash to spend, or Felix?

That is why a guy like Chris Sale is desirable. All things equal, even Chris Sale's mom would rather have Clayton Kershaw pitching for her life... but when salaries are taken into account, would you still rather have Clayton Kershaw?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 09:35 AM)
WINNER! That is kind of the point of this article. Guys like Trout have HUGE contracts. Kris Bryant doesn't. Is it better to have Kluber and more cash to spend, or Felix?

That is why a guy like Chris Sale is desirable. All things equal, even Chris Sale's mom would rather have Clayton Kershaw pitching for her life... but when salaries are taken into account, would you still rather have Clayton Kershaw?

To me the point of the article was to prove that a handful of GM's and managers are kinda dumb.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
To me the point of the article was to prove that a handful of GM's and managers are kinda dumb.

It was just a dumb article. Were they just asked for a snap reaction of who they most covet? I could see someone having a fascination with some of the odder players.

Anyway, i'm glad we have abreu. I get more mad at being forced to always rate abreu against rizzo on sports radio