Raft of roster moves

NorthSideSox72

Tyler Saldino to DL, retro 4/22 (not sure of reason)

Justin Jirschele and Drew Garcia flip slots

Jason Coats to Charlotte (deserved and good, but that OF is full - shot across Mitchell's bow?)

Michael Ynoa re-activated for Winston-Salem

OF Brian Fletcher to BHAM from Ext ST

I feel bad for Saladino, he's got the skills to make it to the show but I'm not sure if he's durable enough. Seems like he goes on the DL every year, probably suggests that his ceiling is as a utility guy which is realistic but I was holding out hope that he could develop into a super-utility player like Sean Rodriguez for TB.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Good for Coats. Maybe becomes a bit of a prospect if he keeps it up.

Hopefully the end for Mitchell. It has to be. Granted I've said that 1000 times.

I think at the very least it is a shot across Mitchell's bow. I don't think it is just performance with him, I think there is an attitude issue, based on some reports I've heard.

I like Coats, I actually had him on my Top 30 in January (back end). danman31 is a fan too as I recall. He's got an unusual combo of power and contact, some speed, strong arm, plays above average corner OF defense and can play CF in a pinch. Doesn't walk a lot, but seems to work counts in the few times I've seen him live or on tape. He just turned 25 in Feb so he's maybe a year (at most) older than you'd like at AAA, but you have to remember he missed his draft year recovering from a knee injury. So developmentally he's on track timing-wise.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
I feel bad for Saladino, he's got the skills to make it to the show but I'm not sure if he's durable enough. Seems like he goes on the DL every year, probably suggests that his ceiling is as a utility guy which is realistic but I was holding out hope that he could develop into a super-utility player like Sean Rodriguez for TB.

Tyler's coming back from the TJS so i'm really not all that surprised that he's running into some muscle soreness issues.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 07:11 PM)
I think at the very least it is a shot across Mitchell's bow. I don't think it is just performance with him, I think there is an attitude issue, based on some reports I've heard.

I like Coats, I actually had him on my Top 30 in January (back end). danman31 is a fan too as I recall. He's got an unusual combo of power and contact, some speed, strong arm, plays above average corner OF defense and can play CF in a pinch. Doesn't walk a lot, but seems to work counts in the few times I've seen him live or on tape. He just turned 25 in Feb so he's maybe a year (at most) older than you'd like at AAA, but you have to remember he missed his draft year recovering from a knee injury. So developmentally he's on track timing-wise.

if i remember correctly, that was discussed last yr by me and several others posters. it appears that never fixed itself.